cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Invalid sim card error

Hi Frostbite2099! Have you tried cleaning out the SIM card slot on the phone itself with a can of compressed air? There could be dust/lint/debris inside the phone that's causing the error.  Also, have you tried taking it into one of our service and repair centers? It is possible that the SIM card itself has gone bad and just needs to be replaced. 

I did use compressed air inside the slot, but no luck. I haven't taken it in to the Sprint store yet, but that's probably the best step to take at this point. Honestly, if all it takes is a new SIM card (and not a new phone), I'll be happy.   ;-)

Sorry to hear that, but a new SIM should do the trick.  Let us know if you need anything else!

Thank you

Journeyman

I am having same issues. I unlocked my phone through a third party that uses sprint signals, and they verified me it was unlocked. I try to switch sim cards, and my phone shows me it is invalid. Help?! How do I make this work?

To complete the unlock you need to keep the Sprint sim in the phone and restart your phone. From there, dial ##SCRTN# to reset your phone. You will then get an invalid sim or network error and that means your phone is unlocked. From there you can put your new sim in the phone.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I also have an invalid sim card error. I have a samsung note 8. I still have sprint and have not gone to another carrier. Bill paid up to date. My contract was done this month but I am still paying month to month. My phone sim is now locked for no apparent reason. The other note 8 on the same account is not locked. Ny reasons?

When a phone is on our network it is typically locked to our network. Sometimes if it's not, software updates can also relock a phone to the network. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Hey there!  I purchased a Galaxy S7 Edge locked to the sprint network about a year ago.  I had attempted an unlock then and was told that the phone was unlocked.  However, I still could not use the phone and it clearly stated it was "locked to the Sprint network" under System.  You amazing people that help us on this forum had to go in and investigate.  Only you guys were able to determine that it was in fact still locked due to it being short the # of hours active on the Sprint network to unlock it.   Now, after a full year of service on Sprint I assume everything is ready to go.  I called to have the phone unlocked.   A few days ago I received an email stating the phone is unlocked.  I placed the new SIM (from a GSM network) and I get "invalid sim card".  Back to customer service via chat 

Chat ID: 733344922654308169
DATE/TIME: 2019-08-13 00:55:57

and was told to update my profile which I attempted several times to no avail.  I get the feeling the phone is still not unlocked and I hope you can look into the issue for me.

Please let me know what info you need.  Cheers

@mingaling, when the unlock was requested, did the phone have the Sprint SIM in it? Also, was it powered on and connected to a constant data source, while waiting for the unlock? Typically, when we see it's unlocked in our system, but the phone isn't actually unlocked, it means the phone didn't receive the signal. I can look into sending the signal again. I'm going to send you a private message to get started. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Patron

I just bought a new phone as well and I can't seem to get an answer on if it is unlocked or not. I called sprint - they said it was unlocked. i took it to my carrier - they said it was locked. i looked in the phone's settings - it says its locked. i just need to get service and this is all a headache. please help me, @Sprint_Kelvin.

@plzhelpmee, are you trying to figure out if you have an unlocked version of a phone? Or are you wondering if the old phone is unlocked?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat