Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Invalid sim card error

No original owner it was a new phone.

GrandMaster

@1COMMAND1

in neither of your posts have you really explained what you have going on other than Asurion wouldnt help you and a store blew you off. not much to work with here. who was the phone purchased through? is it on Sprints network or purchased for a different carrier? was it purchased new or used? did you purchase it from Sprint to use internationally?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm having same issue. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge pone has been unlocked since June. Paid off. My mom got a new pone and gave me her old pone. Verified today pone is unlocked from Sprint and my carrier says my pone is compatible. The S7 says invalid SIM and it still says pone is locked to Sprint SIMs only. Plse help.

@jtswartz, a private message was sent to you earlier this week. I will send you another private message to get more information.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

I didn't get a private msg

My apologies, the message was tagged for @jtswartz.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

I can send you a private message as well. So that I can get more information.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

Thanks

My pleasure.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

Same problem like everyone else.

Have a LG G5 phone, paid off. Sprint confirms it is unlocked domestically and internationally.

When other carrier sim is entered, says invalid sim error. My porting to new provider is done, so no longer have an account with Sprint. Still have the sprint SIM card. 

When i tried new sim on wife's phone works well so seems to be a Sprint unlocking issue.

Can anyone help please...?

Wizard

Hate to hear you are having trouble getting the phone unlocked. Here are some tips for a successful unlock SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks.

I'll send you a private message so I can get some info and get this unlock requested for you.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem! 3 lines with 3 phones all paid off. Requested for all phones to get unlocked but only 1 has gotten unlocked. The other 2 are stuck in cell phone limbo. Sprint says the phones are unlocked and that they can't help me anymore. What can I do?!?!?!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat