Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Invalid sim card error

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have a LG G5 and updated the software today. Now, it says that the sim is invalid. I have been using this device with the same sim for about two years.

Could you please help me,

I think I know how to fix this. Have you tried taking the SIM card out and waiting ten seconds, and placing back into the phone?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

Called customer service several times, waited 48 to 72 hours still no solution. Phone still says "LOCKED TO SPRINT SIMs only" what am I supposed to do with this phone that is lock to sprint only when I want to use it when I travel international. Please help.

Journeyman

I'm having this exact same issue. I bought a sprint phone from a 3rd party, they called and customer service unlocked the phone. 

I stuck my sim card in the phone and it said invalid sim (its a mint mobile sim, which is a carrier that uses tmobile). Then I tried an ATT sim from another phone that is working on ATT and I got the same invalid sim message. 

I called sprint and they confirmed that it was unlocked. 

What needs to be done to get this working? 

GrandMaster

when they called and unlocked the phone did you have it turned on with a Sprint sim card in it and connected to at least wifi? if not then there is where the issue is..it must have all 3 of those things in place in order to actually receive the signal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issues with my Galaxy S7 Edge.  Called Sprint 4 times and every time it was confirmed unlocked.  Yet it says UICC locked to Sprint Sim and both a Tmobile and a Mint Sim come up as invalid.  For some reason it also lists both Sims as AT&T network which makes no sense to me.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Wizard

Hey there! Unlocks can be touchy. We only send the signal out once when it's requested. Here are some tips for ya. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

I'll send you a private message so I can get some information and request that signal to be sent again. See you there!

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I have the same issue as well.  I was told by Sprint a few times that the iPhone 6s Plus is unlocked, yet I still get the SIM not supported message when I inserted a non-Sprint SIM card.  Please help.

Journeyman

If anyone can help you it's these guys. Above and beyond customer service. My problem was 37 of the 50 hours on network. No customer service agent outside this forum could figure that out for me. Cheers

Journeyman

Glad to hear that.  I hope they can help me.  I just don't understand why there are so many people being told that their phones are unlocked yet the phones can't take other SIM cards.

Wizard

Thanks for the confidence boost @mingaling. We are definitely here to help and we will do all we can.

@HechtFan, I can help you request an unlock for your phone. I'll send you a private message so I can get some specific information from you.

In the meantime, here are some handy tips for a successful unlock. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Hi,

I have the same problem for my LG G5. I appreciate your kind help. 

Best

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat