cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Invalid sim card error

Hi Jeff! You've already got service with us, correct? 

Re: Invalid sim card errotwr

I have the exact same issue. I've been trying to port for a week. Multiple tickets opened. Told by Sprint that my phone is unlocked, told by Verizon that they can see the phone is unlocked but my phone continues to give me the message. Contact Sprint to Unlock Your Phone. I've done a factory reset. I've waited the 24-72 hours (twice with two tickets). Nothing works, Nada....the two other phones work fine on the new carrier. This Note8 does not. It also continues to display the Sprint Logo when I shut down and restart. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

If it is showing unlocked on both ends then that usually means its unlocked. With unlocked phones going to another carrier is a guess if it will completely work or not. Are you using the Verizon SIM in it?

Journeyman

Yes, the Verizon SIM is in the device. Why do you say it's a guess if it will work or not. How can it possibly be a guess if it will work or not? I own the phone, the phone is unlocked. Why is the phone saying I need to contact Sprint? Why is the Sprint Logo still displaying? Can you please help me???

Howdy Halejay. What my colleague is trying to say is that not all phones are compatible with other carriers. We, here at Sprint, wouldn't be able to see that info. Hence the guess. We can only speak from the Sprint side of things. 

With that being said, I'd like to take a deeper look into this to make sure everything is buttoned up on our end. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hi,

This is Venkata. I bought Moto e5 Play from Sprint and it's been a month where I'm struggling to get the device Unlocked. Raised almost 3 tickets and everyone is saying the device is Unlocked domestically and Internationally. When I tried inserting the other network SIM (Domestic/International), it is saying Invalid SIM Card error. Also when I try clicking on UICC Unlock option in the Device, It is saying the device is still locked to support Sprint Network only. Does this mean the device is not Unlocked yet? Please help me.

Regards,

Venkata.

Hi Venkata! You'll need a Sprint SIM card inserted in that phone for it to successfully unlock, since it's an Android device.  

If you have a Sprint SIM card, can you please send us a Private Message, and we'll be happy to work on getting this unlocked for you.  We'll need the IMEI or MEID of that phone to help.  

To ensure the phone successfully receives the unlock signal once we send it, please read this article and follow all the steps for Android Phones. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

I am having Invalid sim on my LG G5 as well. Could an agent please PM me for support?

When you are getting the invalid SIM, is it with the Sprint SIM or another SIM?

Journeyman

It is with another sim, which has been working for the past 9 months. I put the Sprint sim back in and the error goes away, so sw update broke my unlock, I am assuming.

Sounds like you are about right. I see you have PM'd us already, and I am going to reply to that message. 

Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem with my S7. It has worked fine for months, but every once in a while, I would get a message telling me no SIM was inserted. A quick power cycle, and the problem would go away for days or weeks. However, a few days ago, the problem became much worse. Now when I turn it on, it's only a couple of minutes before I get an "invalid SIM card" message or "SIM locked. Please power cycle...."

Power cycling does not fix the problem. I've cleaned the SIM card, I've cleared the cache, and I've even completed a factory reset, but the problem continues.

I should also mention that even for the brief moments after I restart the phone and the card seems to be working, I never see a 3G symbol at the top of the screen anymore. Just "LTE" or nothing but the signal strength bars alone. Not sure if that's relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat