cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card error

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Invalid sim card error

I'm having the same issue reported on this thread (phone unlocked according to Sprint's system, have called customer service multiple times without much luck, and phone still says "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only"). Could anyone help me with the ticket re-submission?

Edit: Phone is a Galaxy S7 Edge in case it helps
Journeyman

Just went through this. And it was a little bit of an a******, but the Sprint rep messaged me privately and we got it worked out. Just be aware that once the representative puts in the request to unlock the phone, you need to leave the phone turned on and plugged in somewhere and hooked up to wifi for up to 48 hours, then do the factory reset and it should be good. They can't say for sure when the phone will actually receive the unlock signal.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thank you @Mickeysabbath, for your words of wisdom for our peers. It was great working with you. Let us know if we can help you in the future.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Thank you! Really appreciate the help.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You're welcome.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I am having the same problem with the Galaxy S8.  Took it to the repair center and the manager of the store blew me off.  Said it was an Asurion problem.  The phone is less than 3 months old and Sprint has refused to stand behind the product.  He kept saying all the techs now work for Asurion and there is nothing he can do. Give me a break, new phone not working, Sprint should stand behind their products they sell. 

Wizard

Yes, we should be standing behind the products that are being sold. Let me take a look into this. I know how important it is to have your phone working correctly. I will send you a private message to get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I bought an inactive Sprint Galaxy S8. The previous owner called to have phone unlocked. Put new SIM in and get invalid error. I'm about to pull my hair out with this over a week now. I don't understand why Sprint likes having the nation's worst service when it relates to unlocking phones that have been paid for. Any help from a rep would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

GrandMaster

well...did the original owner have the Sprint sim card still in it, device turned on and connected to wifi when he/she requested it to be unlocked?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just got an unlocked Galaxy Note 8 from Amazon and when I put my Sprint SIM card in from my old S7 it says that I have an "invalid SIM card". Could you help with that?

GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Google/How-to-add-a-phone-to-Sprint-s-Database-Fix-Incompatible-with...

follow the steps on page one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Hi there. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I'm going to private message you to get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat