cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a Note5 Sim card compatible with the Note8?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Is a Note5 Sim card compatible with the Note8?

Hi all,

So I recently had to send in my Note8 for repair due to some long standing issues with it. I received the phone back without the Sim card. I have my previous phone, a Note5 that has a SIM card in it. I was hoping it would be compatible with the Note8 since they're both the same size but I'm getting this message: "The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact Customer Support."

I use my phone for work so I was hoping to get this fixed tonight but unfortunately the call/chat hours ended at 10pm CST. Am I doing something wrong here or is the Note5 SIM just not compatible with the Note8?
I tried googling this/searching this on the forum but couldn't get a clear answer.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Is a Note5 Sim card compatible with the Note8?

The Note5 and the Note8 do use different SIM cards. For the Note8 you would want to call your nearest Sprint store and let them know the situation so you can swing in and grab a replacement SIM card. Once you have that SIM card, they need to pair it onto your account/with your Note8 and you should be good to go. The info they will need for the correct SIM is copied below. 

4 in 1 SIM KIT UPC - 760492044707

4 in 1 SIM KIT Part Number - SIMOLW416Q

4 in 1 SIM KIT Identifier - B

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat