cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost very important photos on my Samsung Galaxy S8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lost very important photos on my Samsung Galaxy S8

Help!!! I was transferring photos off my phone to my pc. All of them transferred just fine except the file of 1400 photos of my new grandbaby who was in a NICU for 3 weeks. I NEED these photos back. It shows on my pc they are there but each photo is only 1kb so thinking it just just a place holder, because the photo won't open. The folder is not on my phone any more. I didn't delete it? But it is gone. I always verify the photos transferred before deleting anything. But this time they were just gone. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.  I searched the forum for an updated answer to this questions but was unable to find one. I am scared to use an app as a lot of them are not trustworthy. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

That's not good. I've had something very similar to this happen to me. Except it was the photos for my insurance complete after our home got massive storm damage. Have you tried to open the files on your computer? Have you checked the depth of the phone, such as in the internal storage, or SD card? Where the pictures back up to the cloud, Google, Amazon, or App storage? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Yes I tried to open them on the computer and i get an error message. I thought they were backed up but they aren't in there either. And yes checked deep in the phone. Was looking to see if there is a good recovery app out there or if a Sprint person could help with recovery? 

Highlighted

As much as I'd love to help recovery this photos, it's been my experience that when this happens the photos are lost. I'll step back and let our Community people speak up, and see if they can suggest any additional ideas. I can't suggest adding any non-Sprint related apps. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Thank you!
Highlighted

You're welcome. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat