cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Not Sending Over Data or Wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS Not Sending Over Data or Wifi

I just switched to Sprint 2 days ago, going from a Virgin Mobile iphone5s to the gs8. I have been unable to send mms via the stock app or a 3rd party app (textra, android, messenger). I cannot send them over 4g or wifi. I've updated my profile, prl and done a soft reset. I also de-registered my number from imessages. I went to the sprint store today, and the worker told me its because you can't use the internet and phone at the same time, like you can't for calling. But sending a group text or a pic is a basic phone function, so I don't really understand her explanation. Any suggestions or known fixes? 

73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted

Hey there Arrrrghb! Let me ask you a few questions, do you get any errors when trying to send the message? Are you using the recipient's 10-digit phone number when sending it? Are you using a stored contact?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I am using a stored number and it is the 10 digit number. the error I get is "multimedia messages not supported by network" followed by "server response error".

Highlighted

Arrrrghb, please try to send a test multimedia message to your own 10-digit number and please let me know if you are able to successfully send it and receive it. Also, I'd like to know, have you tried to send these MMS from different locations? How many service bars does your phone usually displays? May I please have some of the cross streets and ZIP code?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted

I get the same error messages when I try to send a mms to myself, so it does not send and therefore I don't receive it. I have tried many different locations, mostly within the 60640 and 60611 zip codes. Those are in Chicago and I travel throughout them frequently, it would be impossible to say one single cross street. My latest attempt was at Michigan Ave and Erie Ave 60611. The signal display shows about 1/3 to 1/2 of the triangle, depending on where I am (no bars, its the continuous triangle). Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Arrrrghb, thanks for replying. I'd like to take a look at your account settings, please respond to the private message I sent you.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the Galaxy S8/S8+...and former iPhone user. Hopefully I can help.

This issue MAY be related to how iMessage handles text messages over the data channel and routing through Apple. For Android, text (SMS) messages are sent over voice channel and usually no issues with send/receive. But when a user migrates from Apple to Android, and tries to send/receive a MMS (pic text, group text, etc) the data channel path is "stuck" trying to send your MMS via Apple, which no longer has a path to your iPhone.

Browse over to the Apple deregister page to de-activate iMessages. That *should* fix your issue. If not then reply back and one of our awesome CARE reps will dive in deeper. 

Thanks for being a Spring customer!

~Ninja_CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope you were able to get your MMS working!  One of the things I had to check was the Access Point Names (APN) under Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names (APN).  Mine is set to Sprint and when you tap it, the MMSC should read:

http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms

A Sprint Representative also told me to view ##DATA# (##3282#) and click View > MMSC where the URL should also be the same as above.  I had no problems after that.

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue as well

Highlighted

Hey sydchris0626! Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps provided above by JayRizzo?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Yes I did and still no resolution

Highlighted

Let's take a look and see how's the phone provisioning. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat