cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobil Data Non-Existent on S10+

Journeyman

Mobil Data Non-Existent on S10+

Got my Galaxy S10+ yesterday and am having all kinds of problems connecting while using my mobile data connection. Talk to Sprint rep twice and even went into the Sprint store to resolve this issue. The rep changed the Network Mode and reactivated my phone to fix this issue. While I was there another customer called to say they were having the same issue. She told me to contact Samsung that this may be a global issue with the S10+. I contact Samsung, they did not see to know of any issue with these phones like that. They suggested I return the phone as it may be defective. My Sprint store will not have any more phones until this Wednesday. Has anyone else had this issue?

41 REPLIES 41
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Mobil Data Non-Existent on S10+

We are aware of the activation errors that are happening. We are working to resolve them quickly with Samsung. Have you checked to see if a update was available? 

Journeyman

Yes, my phone did an update last night. I just checked again and it stated my phone was up to date. 

We are working to get the bugs worked out as quickly as possible with Samsung. Can you try resetting your network profile settings? This will be where you find your system updates. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, that did not fix the issue. 

Darn it! What exactly is happening? Might have to dig deeper on this one. 

Journeyman

Even though it shows that I have an LTE connection I cannot access any of my apps that require a data connection. When I first got the phone yesterday one of the first things I did was download Pandora. Until I was logged into a WiFi connection it would not work. If I reboot my phone it will work for about 30 min and then it will drop again. I chatted with a Sprint rep this morning and they tried a few things. Which initially worked it eventually stopped again. I attempted to chat with another Sprint rep but was not comfortable with what they were asking me to do so I ran over to my local Sprint store. The rep there, Tisha, changed my network mode to LTE/CMDA, then she tried unactivating my phone an reactivating. That did not work. While I was there they had another customer call and state they did not have a data connection on their S10+ either. Tisha looked online and told me that we were not the only ones that were having this issue. She said it sounded like it could be a Samsung thing and to wait and see if they would be pushing out an update that would correct this issue and that I should try contacting Samsung. Since she wasn't going to be getting in any more new S10+ until Wednesday she told me to hold off on switching it out until then to see if Samsung will correct the problem. I contacted Samsung and they did not seem to know what I was talking about and requested that I attempt to change my Sim card. I do not have an extra Sim card to try this (I am not really comfortable with trying this on my own either) and I did not want to go back to the Sprint store for a 3rd time. Samsung also suggested that I might have a defective phone. I did not want to waste my time and Tisha's time in exchanging and reactivating a new phone just to have the same issue arise so I wanted to check and see if it was a lot of people that are having this issue.  

I should say that everything else works on the phone and I can access all my apps & surf the web as long as I am connected to WiFi. 

Hmmm with switching the SIM cards, you would need to make sure it is one that is compatible with the device. What is your zip code? Let's check your towers in the area. 

Journeyman

They wanted me to try and switch it out with my wife's. She has an S5 and I would hate to have messed anything up with her phone so I did not want to do that. If that is something that you want me to do I will go back to my Sprint store. 

It just really sucks because I loved my S8+ and thought why not upgrade to the latest phone since my lease price went up after the 18 months was up and Samsung was offering a free pair of ear buds. 

My zip code is 46580. 

Coverage and towers look out. It just could be a new one. You can try seeing about swapping out the SIMs, but I would personally get a new SIM. The store should have them, and you should not be charged. 

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues, tried everything data only works for about 5 minutes then nothing.   This is horrible, wish I could get my old phone back 

Howdy ShannW40. I see that you were speaking with Katey88_Sprint, and you had stated that the phone had been rebooted. Have you dialed ##72786#? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat