Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobil Data Non-Existent on S10+

Journeyman

Re: Mobil Data Non-Existent on S10+

What does dialing that do?

Journeyman

I am right there with you. Have you found any type of solution? They have had me try several things that have yet to work. I am starting to think the phone may be defective. I had an S8+ previously and loved the always on display that would show the time on the face of the phone at all times. This one only pops on when I touch it. I have it set to be "always on". Does yours have this issue also?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

It helps resetting the network settings to connect to the tower. 

Journeyman

It says it will reset to Factory Default. Does this mean my phone will be wiped? I do not want to lose my contacts. 

They made it go to "sleep" due to customer's saying the battery was dying faster. So unless you touch it, it won't come on. We are working on the network connection error. 

No. It will reset the network back to factory settings with the network. Not your entire phone. 

Journeyman

Now that I see what the phone is doing "Active your device" they did this twice at the Sprint store yesterday and this did not help. In fact it took forever for it to do this. I think I am just going to exchange the phone for a new one on Wednesday when they get in a new batch, hopefully, this new one will not do this. Obviously everything we are doing is not fixing the problem, which leads me to believe it is a defective phone. If more people were having this problem I am sure the answer would be "We know what the problem is and are working with Samsung to fix it." I have spent almost my entire weekend trying to work on this issue and I am starting to get a little frustrated. I have been with Sprint for a long long time and this is the first issue I have ran into. I am not blaming Sprint in any way and I know that you are trying to help me fix this issue and I am thankful for that. I am just disappointed that I traded in a perfectly good phone thinking I was upgrading and then to find out I didn't. 

That could be it. We are having this looked into. We can look into getting it exchanged here if you would like, or you can go back to the store. I would see if they can reserve you one just in case they are super busy. Please let us know after you exchange it if it helped.

Journeyman

I swapped my s10 plus for a new device and this one is running perfect.  I think the first one was defective. 

Hey Shann, I'm going to drop you a PM so I can get some additional info about the phone. I want to make sure that the information we have on file matches what is on the phone. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Wizard

Hmm yeah people should not be having this many issues my guess it might be where folks are running the activation from. So I would make sure to be in a good coverage area before running through the activation. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem with the mobile data connection on my new S10+. When you say you swapped yours for a new device, is it the same model or a different type of device?

I'm using my S10+ to type this, but anytime I need to hit "post" or go to a different page I usually have to turn airplane mode on and back off to get it to work.

I still want the S10+, but not if I can't use my data connection.

On another, off topic, note; does anyone know if it's possible to get this month's bill reimbursed/credited/whatever? I've been trying to get this straightened out for a week now, give or take a day or so. I haven't sent my S8+ back yet, there's data on it that I don't want to lose. So I'm stuck with an expensive phone that doesn't do what I'm paying it to do, and I'm still going to have to pay the lease payment on the S8+. It just seems a bit unfair to have a ~$150 bill for a service I can't use.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat