Re: Multimedia Message not supported by network

Thank you it worked for me

Journeyman SKT
Journeyman

U reset the Re: Multimedia Message not supported by network

Is a factory reset the only option?

GrandMaster

Re: U reset the Re: Multimedia Message not supported by network

you can try performing a cache/partition wipe on it but if that doesnt work you will need to do the FR.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same issue for me S8+ never downloads mms messages. Brand new phone, fresh wipe.

Sprint Social Care

Hey Dave_Brunner, allow us the opportunity to assist you and improve your experience with us. Let me ask you some questions: Are you able to make a receive calls? Are you able to send MMS? Are you using a Third Party messaging application?

We'd like to review your area, in order to do so, please provide us your nearest cross streets and ZIP code, so that we'll be able to accurately research the specific location.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Should not have to do reset make sure to clear the cache of the Messaging App you are using and that it is up to date as well.  I would start out using the default Samsung App and make sure to have a Samsung Account setup so that way folks can keep their Apps updated through the Galaxy App Store.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

Will this work on my Samsung Galaxy S5 also

Journeyman

By going through the activation process again will any data be lost?
Journeyman

Hey @C1M2E3. Yes, it could work as these are general steps for every Samsung device. Regarding the activation process, it will depend, if you back up your data before doing the reset, then it will not be lost. If you haven't backed up your data then once you do the factory reset all information most likely will be lost.

Journeyman

I have the same problem, I am using Galaxy Note8.

I have gone through these steps:

"Check message settings:

Open Messages (app) > (tap the 3 vertical dots in upper-right corner) > Settings > More settings > Multimedia messages...

Are all three options switched "on;" Group conversation; Auto retrieve; Roaming auto retrieve? If not then enable all three options and re-test."

But in my settings there is no "Group Conversation" which I would need to use. The other 2 "Auto retrieve and Roaming auto retrieve are both enabled. With no luck yet

Journeyman

I am having the same problem using Samsung Galaxy Note8.

When I dial ##72786# I get only this error message: "connection problem or invalid MMI code"

While nothing else happens, the problem persists.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

amaaliki,

Can you please confirm if you are experiencing these issues in multiple locations? Your device must have a proper signal in order for it to work. Have you used a third party app before by any chance?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat