cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia Message not supported by network

Journeyman

Re: Multimedia Message not supported by network

Yes, I tried this in multiple occasions with good signal too, but nothing happens.

Sprint Social Care

Hi amaaliki. Let me take a closer look at the account. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello, I am on a Samsung s3 and I've had this same problem for several months.  I can only download my messages when connected to Wifi, the network won't download my messages.  Obviously only being able to receive messages while connected to WiFi is not acceptable.  
I haven't tried using the reset code yet because I don't want to erase everything on my phone.  Is this going to delete all my contacts and apps?  What information if any will remain on my phone when I do the reset?

GrandMaster

you might also try using a different texting app. keep in mind that your device is REALLY getting old..so it could end up being a part in there going bad or something as well..everything else that needs data works fine though right? using the browser? your able to send mms messages just fine?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

forgot to add

when you try another messaging app you are only doing this to see if the problem follows or goes away..if it goes away its more than likely the texting app you are using..which if its the stock one its pretty limited on anything "cool"...like changing around how your notifications look per contact ..different symbols..etc..just make sure when it asks if you want to make it the primary app (cant remember the actual wording it uses) select yes..or accept..this can always be changed back if the problem follows you to the new app.

my personal recommendations for texting apps would be

Handcent

GoSMS

or

Textra

all 3 of those are pretty great apps.

you can also try Google Messages...or maybe its Google Messaging..thats what comes stock on most of the newer phones now instead of the manufacturers ones. however its a bit limited on the "coolness" factor as well

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Usually, when one gets the "Multimedia Message not supported by network" error it is usually due to the info on the SIM does not match what's on the phone.  The most common occurrence is Me and @fireguy_6364 are on the same account (bad idea because he is always late).  I qualify for an upgrade, but he does not.  I buy the phone, activate it on my line and then give it to him to activate on his line.  My phone number and other credentials are burned into the SIM.  So when he tries to send a pic out, the SIM attempts to authenticate with my number, but the network sees his phone number and BOOM...the error.  We see this also with used phone purchases.

You fix it by performing a ##SCRTN# on the device.  What that does it removes all the provisioning information from the phone and SIM and forces the network to reinstall the information on your phone.  You personally will not lose any personal data from doing this.

Journeyman

Yes, I have tried everything that everyone suggested. No help. Frustrating
Highlighted
Community Manager

You performed a ##SCRTN# on your device and still get the error?

Journeyman

An S3?! They made a few versions of that phone & it does NOT have anywhere near the latest security / radio frequencies / software needed for the Sprint network.

I'd STRONGLY advise going into a Corporate Sprint Store and taking advantage of a "Sprint Deals" device, such as the Essential Phone, as it sounds like you are budget oriented. 

@Tomato84 wrote:

Hello, I am on a Samsung s3 and I've had this same problem for several months.  I can only download my messages when connected to Wifi, the network won't download my messages.  Obviously only being able to receive messages while connected to WiFi is not acceptable.  
I haven't tried using the reset code yet because I don't want to erase everything on my phone.  Is this going to delete all my contacts and apps?  What information if any will remain on my phone when I do the reset?

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
GrandMaster

ready for this one? there was a S3 and S4 Tri Band variant that was released well after the original S3 and S4..only way to tell was i believe the model number contained a T...been a LOOONG time since i had to help with any of those in here though lol..

tossing my hat into the ring here..if they are budget oriented there is also the Moto E5 Plus. basically a starter level Moto smart phone..might be worth checking out.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Android-Influence/My-First-Thoughts-with-The-Moto-E5-Plus/ba-p/10055...

Journeyman

I have new S9 - moved over from S7.  Sprint the entire time.  Group message works, but Iphone users who send pictures i don't receive teh pics.  One on one messaging i do receive Pics. ?  I don't want to factory reset, this phone is 4 days old.

GrandMaster

are they able to receive your pics just fine?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat