cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia Message not supported by network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Multimedia Message not supported by network

Is anyone else having this issue? I recenlty ported my number over from Verizon and I receive this error message each time I try to send a group text or picture via text.  Email works fine for sending pics.

37 REPLIES 37
GrandMaster

Re: Multimedia Message not supported by network

are you by chance connected to Google voice? and did this start up as soon as you ported your number or was it working fine then stopped working?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't use google voice and  I have verified that mobile data is on and yes this started from when I first ported the number over. I figured it might be a wait X amount days for things to work properly.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the Galaxy S8/S8+ --

I've not personally experienced issues using MMS (pic text or group text). It *should* work as soon as DATA is provisioned for your S8. 

Text messages, or SMS, are carried over a "voice channel;" i.e. CDMA-v for Sprint (and VZW). Group text messages or pic/video/multi-media text messages are MMS and carried over a "data channel;" i.e. LTE, CDMA-d (3G) or even WiFi.

Are you able to send/receive a picture text (MMS) when connected to WiFi?

Are you in a "fringe" coverage area when you have issues with send/receive MMS messages?

Check message settings:

Open Messages (app) > (tap the 3 vertical dots in upper-right corner) > Settings > More settings > Multimedia messages...

Are all three options switched "on;" Group conversation; Auto retrieve; Roaming auto retrieve? If not then enable all three options and re-test.

Hope this helps. Report back if you're still having issues and one of our awesome CARE reps will dive in.

~Ninja_CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

I just bought the S8+ and I'm having this issue as well. I did what you requested but I still get the same message

@tiggerib & @sydchris0626 - 

One more thought: Did you convert from being an iPhone prior to your Galaxy S8/S8+? If so then you might need to deregister your iMessage account.

Browse over to the Apple deregister page to de-activate iMessages. If you did not migrate from iPhone then ignore and reach out to any of our CARE reps who post on this forum.

Thanks for being a Spring customer!

~Ninja_CJ

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Journeyman

I went from a Note 5 to the S8+

Community Manager

I've had a conversation with some of the folks on our Samsung team and this issue is being looked at.  Hopefully, I'll have some updates before the end of the week. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Sprint Social Care

Hello guys! I was working with sydchris0626 via private message and doing a Reset of the network settings did the trick. Go to the dial pad and dial ##72786#. The device will restart and it will go through the activation process. Once it's done, you should be able send MMS.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

Thanks @Sprint_Jeffrey, I did need to say something in the thread per the team that they're working on finding the root cause.  Appreciate the workaround though.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Thanks for checking into this! Much appreciated. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat