cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEVER buy a Galaxy S9 from Sprint

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: NEVER buy a Galaxy S9 from Sprint

Sprint sold me a Galaxy S9 that that shuts down the internet and hotspot when on a phone call. I've been fighting for months to get this fixed. Just today the repair team took a priority escalation and told me they would call me back in 2-4 hours. They never called. The were supposed to call me 10/21 and didn't. Last month they sent me to there store to pick up a sim card after 3 employees failed to mail it to me. I had the Sprint staff make me the appointment so they would be sure it was in stock. It wasn't and they tried to get me to drive another 20 miles to get it. I refused and they mailed me one the next day. After waiting six hours today for them to call I got on the Chat at 6:30. It's now 9:30 and I just learned that they sold me a phone that cant do internet or hotspot during a phone call. They say it not defective and I should have known what I bought. I asked "if I should have known, why did none of your employees not know?" They say I'm stuck with 3 defective phones. Gave a slap in the face with a $10 dollar credit for a hundred hours of fighting this hotspot internet problem. Amazingly cold.

Community Manager

Apologies for the misinformation because that's exactly what it is/was.  Out of the box...no, you cannot talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time.  Now, if you turn on VoLTE, everything would be handled by data, meaning your voice calls and of course data.  Meaning you can talk and use the internet at the same time.  The S( is VoLTE capable and as long as you are not in Wyoming/Montana and Puerto Rico markets, you can turn it on.

@DougBennett wrote:

Sprint sold me a Galaxy S9 that that shuts down the internet and hotspot when on a phone call. I've been fighting for months to get this fixed. Just today the repair team took a priority escalation and told me they would call me back in 2-4 hours. They never called. The were supposed to call me 10/21 and didn't. Last month they sent me to there store to pick up a sim card after 3 employees failed to mail it to me. I had the Sprint staff make me the appointment so they would be sure it was in stock. It wasn't and they tried to get me to drive another 20 miles to get it. I refused and they mailed me one the next day. After waiting six hours today for them to call I got on the Chat at 6:30. It's now 9:30 and I just learned that they sold me a phone that cant do internet or hotspot during a phone call. They say it not defective and I should have known what I bought. I asked "if I should have known, why did none of your employees not know?" They say I'm stuck with 3 defective phones. Gave a slap in the face with a $10 dollar credit for a hundred hours of fighting this hotspot internet problem. Amazingly cold.

Journeyman

Thanks, I can't find a way to switch from LTE. I just updated my PRL and profile. I'm doing Software update now. Can you tell me where to go to switch. I pretty sure I was there but I didn't have a choice.

Journeyman

I found the switch to volte though that's not the label. Setting-connections-voice networks-Turn on LTE Calling (beta)

Community Manager

My bad, I went to lunch.  I'm glad you found it.  Have you had a chance to test it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I would not have posted the solution until I did. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat