cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 5- Unlocked but still getting an "Invalid SIM card Error" when putting in T Mobile SIM card

Highlighted
Journeyman

NOTE 5- Unlocked but still getting an "Invalid SIM card Error" when putting in T Mobile SIM card

I have 2 Sprint Samsung NOTE 5's.  I have called Customer Service several times and they keep telling me my devices are in fact unlocked, however when i put the T mobile sim card in i get the same error for both phones... "Invalid SIM Card".  I have come across other forums here that mention users having the same issue and customer service saying the phone is unlocked but further actions need to be taken on Sprints side.  Im tired of calling Customer Service and them telling me there is nothing more they can do, as it seems only technicians on this forum have been able to help. 

Please help as i need these phones to be truly unlocked so i can use other carriers both (international and domestics ) sim cards.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: NOTE 5- Unlocked but still getting an "Invalid SIM card Error" when putting in T Mobile SIM card

Typically, this means they are not unlocked. When an unlock request is submitted, our system will automatically change the status to unlocked as soon as the signal is sent. The flaw in the system is that it doesn't know whether the phone received the unlock signal or not. Before sending the signal, the phones need to have the Sprint SIM inserted, they need to be powered on, plugged in if needed, and they must be connected to a data network, like WiFi. If the phone dies or it is kicked off of WiFi before the signal arrives, it won't unlock it. I would also like to verify that that phones are in the US right now?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Re: NOTE 5- Unlocked but still getting an "Invalid SIM card Error" when putting in T Mobil

Yas both phones are currently in the US. However one phone is active and being used on currently. While the other device is not active and is not connected to ant network more does it have a phone number attached.  However sprint took the IMEI its of both these devices and ensured me that regardless of having service or not it could be unlocked.

GrandMaster

Re: NOTE 5- Unlocked but still getting an "Invalid SIM card Error" when putting in T Mobil

unfortunately they MUST be turned on and contain the SIM card in order to receive the code to unlock it. even though whomever took your info if its off or if any of listed things are not in place then the phone will not receive the code and you will be right back to square one again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

is there a way that you can help me troubleshoot to unlock these devices once and for all?

GrandMaster

the one that is not currently active will need a Sprint sim card put into it (if its been removed), turned on and connected to wifi prior to requesting it be unlocked again.

the one that is active though..is it active with Sprint or another carrier?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The active one test is active w sprint..

The inactive one still has the sprint SIM card, so I will connect it 2 wifi and hopefully someone can help me unlock it again... I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait another 24-48 hrs. I been trying alllllll week
Community Manager

Honestly, I do not think that device will be compatible on T-Mo for a couple of reason.  One, it was manufactured in mid 2015, which is the cut off between MSL vs DSU unlocking.  Two, usually the Samsung Special Edition devices are ones that can go between carriers.  There was no SE version of the SE.  And finally, I went to the T-Mobile website and I got the following when I entered a Note 5:

Compatibility results for: Sprint |

No match found. Try searching again and selecting a phone that appears in the drop-down menu. If your phone is not listed in the drop-down menu, it might not be compatible with T-Mobile’s network.

Check for yourself here

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat