cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 9 and VoLTE

Journeyman

NOTE 9 and VoLTE

I'm curious what is going on with the Note 9 and VoLTE. My Note 8 had it, my son's S8 plus had it, my boy's S9 plus have it, my S10 Plus has it. What is going on. VoLTE works and IS active already, why would the Note 9 not have the feature on Sprint's network. Doesnt make sense, it's ONLY the Note 9. Smh

16 REPLIES 16
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: NOTE 9 and VoLTE

At this time, the Note 9 needs a software update to put the VoLTE capability on the phone. Have you tried to turn it on? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

"Have you tried to turn it on?"..... Turn what on?...  If you're saying that at this time the Note 9 needs a software update to put the VoLTE capability on the phone, then where is it? 

Journeyman

Turn what on? There is no link or button on Note 9 to turn anything on. It physically isn't there. 

Journeyman

I'm asking the same thing to RedCruzr_Sprint... Turn what on? I don't see anything to turn on like the s8 plus had. And if it needs an update to enable the Note 9 to have VoLTE, where is it?

Please see if you have the option to turn on VoLTE here, since I can't tell you whether your phone has received the update or not.

1. On the device, open the Settings
2. In the Settings, select Connections
3. Select Voice Networks◦The Voice Networks settings screen displays
4. Slide the VoLTE toggle to On.◦The VoLTE Welcome screen displays.
5. Select OK.◦VoLTE is now enabled

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

That's what I've been been saying. There is no toggle to turn VoLTE on and there hasn't been any update that enables VoLTE. So where is this update that you speak of? 

It'll be released closer to the time of VoLTE being released in your area. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

VoLTE is already in my area. Been here since it was on the Note 8 as Beta. Now it is part of every phone except Note 9. SMH. S8 plus, S9 plus, and now S10 plus all have it and YES it works. 

Journeyman

Well VoLTE has been available for a while in my area and I had it up and running on my S8+ for several months before I switched to the Note 9. So obviously the Note 9 is VoLTE capable but sprint has not enabled it for whatever reason. There has not been any update and it seems that it will never be released for the Note 9. 

Journeyman

Yep, That is what it seems to me. The note 9 is an amazing phone and Sprint messed it up with limiting its capabilities. It seems noone can ever give a straight answer when I ask. Most agents and reps seem shocked when I tell them we don't have it. Can't be any clearer, there is no option to toggle on. Before Pie there was a roundabout way to do it using shortcut master lite but since the update, that way doesn't work anymore. It's so frustrating 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hear ya.... These agents need to stop giving the runaround and give us some legitimate answers 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat