cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with getting ESN/MEID Released

Journeyman

Need Help with getting ESN/MEID Released

I purchased a used phone from a reputable refurbisher/reseller (i.e. Alltech Wholesale in Carrolton, TX).  But when I tried I tried to activate it on my Sprint account, I couldn’t.  I expect it's probably a corporate turn in, and somebody dropped the ball on the previous account and didn't release it like they were supposed to.  Now I can't activate it on my account. There's no balance on the phone, it's not been reported lost or stolen, etc.. Would somebody PLEASE see if you can get them to release the ESN/MEID for me? I’ve had no luck with Sprint Customer Service. Also I contacted the seller, and they apologized, but said I’d just have to return the phone for a refund. I’m trying to avoid having to do all that. I just want to do a swap with an existing phone on my account, as the old device's battery is swelling up and no longer holding a charge.  Is there an admin/moderator that can help me out with this please?

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Need Help with getting ESN/MEID Released

left out a few things the agents will need...like...

are you currently a Sprint customer?

the phone you purchased...was it a previous Sprint phone or was it on another carrier?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes.  I've been a Sprint customer for 20 years.  The phone is a Sprint Samsung GS7.

Master

II know you do not want to hear this, but unfortunately Sprint will not be able to do anything if the phone is still linked to an account or contract (business or private).
My suggestion, for you to avoid headaches, is to just return the phone and get another one.
I'm sure you got a good deal on it and you do not want to return it, but I would have shipped it already if that was the case for me.
That said, did Sprint reps tell you anything regarding the IMEI? is it locked to a contract/account?
You stated it has no balance due, did the Rep tell you that?
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@MikeZinTX, I'm going to send you a private message to get your account and the phone information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat