cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help after unsuccessful unlock

Journeyman

Need help after unsuccessful unlock

Hello, I have a galaxy s8 that I want to get unlocked. I've contacted sprint and they said that it was already unlocked, however when I insert a different sim, it says sim invalid. I've tried uicc unlock in the settings with the original sprint sim in the phone, but it gives me an error saying "sim unlock could not be completed, please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service. Error: internal error (407)." Sprint says that it is already unlocked, but it's still not working.

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Need help after unsuccessful unlock

Hey there. It's likely that the system shows your phone as unlocked if we have previously tried to send out an unlock signal, however it may not have been successful if your phone was not powered on, connected to WiFi, with a Sprint SIM in the phone at the time the unlock code was sent. I'll send you a PM to get some additional info so that we can try and get a new unlock request submitted for you.  

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat