Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone, can send sms but cannot receive them from out of network

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Phone, can send sms but cannot receive them from out of network

Upgraded phones at Sam's Club over the weekend (iPhone 6 to Samsung Galaxy Note 9).

Can send and receive texts from in-network users.

When I send to non-sprint users they receive the text but their replies go to my old iphone.

Other than that phone is working fine...

Called support they tried but no luck... reboot phone, turn airplane mode 0/1, reset network etc.

Any ideas??

Textless in Florida

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: New Phone, can send sms but cannot receive them from out of network

fully sign out of anything apple related including the cloud. its still latched to your phone number

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

logged out of 2 iphones, 2 ipads, imac and the icloud & itunes on my PC.

Test text messages not being received to Note9

At a loss...

GrandMaster

but is the text being received on any of the apple devices anymore?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Resolved!

On the iPhone in settings > messages (with iMessage on) > send & receive > select "use appleid for imessage" and unselect your phone number.

GrandMaster

my bad. i got that info last night but try to avoid posting in here while in reach of the ol lady due to ..well...getting beat up lol.

i had to wait until today to reply

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat