cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE service on Galaxy S8 after October update

Journeyman

No LTE service on Galaxy S8 after October update

Hi! A few weeks ago, I updated my Galaxy S8 to the October patch Since then, I have not been able to stay connected to LTE. It shows up for a second with an "!", but then disappears. It mostly stays at a poor 3G connection for a little bit, but other times it goes to roaming, and other times it just says no service altogether.

I know it is not the network as the rest of my family has LTE at the same places. I've tried factory resetting the phone, taking out/removing the SIM card, trying to get on to VolTE, using ##BRAND# and ##72786#. No change.

Any ideas? I might have to get my phone sent in to go back to an earlier update. 

13 REPLIES 13
GrandMaster

Re: No LTE service on Galaxy S8 after October update

was this purchased from Sprint or directly from Samsung or another route? also for the VoLTE deal you must physically go in and select it under i think Network and Voice. also while in the settings area  what is your phones network set to? automatic? CDMA/LTE?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The phone was purchased through Sprint last year. My network is currently on Automatic, though I have tried switching to LTE/CDMA to try and get data again.

GrandMaster

im guessing same results when you switched to LTE/CDMA? actually ...did you perform a profile update after switching?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, the same results. Updating the PRL and/or profile have not helped.

GrandMaster

yeah i forgot you mentioned the 72786..thats a network reset that auto turns back around and updates your profile and PRL..i had a DUR moment there lol.

GrandMaster

you turned on VoLTE correct in your settings? just making sure everything is crossed off the list.

Journeyman

Yes VolTE is on

Wizard

Good morning. Has their been any changes done to the phone prior to this issue? Are you getting any error messages?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Hello! 

Yes the issue still occurs. Sometimes when roaming fails the "Unable to find a connection" error message pops up.

In the meantime I've found a way to get a stable connection to 3G by switching my mobile network to prefer CDMA. It's not as fast as LTE and I feel is using my battery a little faster, but it's fine until the next update. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I understand. It looks like it's a known issue and we're working on it. You can try the steps for ##UPDATE#, to see if it helps.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Has this known issue been fixed? I'm having the exact same problem, but I have not managed to find a way to keep even a stable 3G connection. Bugs happen, but 6 weeks seems pretty unacceptable for me to pay for a service I can't use. Even voice and text is spotty at best, with data it's basically non-existent .

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat