cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data, no calls S8+

Highlighted
Journeyman

No data, no calls S8+

The last 10 days my connection switches from nothing, 3G, LTE with various levels of strength. I cannot send text messages or make phone calls.   I have to restart at least 3 times to get service back and it works...sometimes. 

This is pretty much happening in only 1 zipcode, 78644

I need help!

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, can you provide the nearest cross street for the location you're experiencing the issue at? 

Highlighted

San Antonio St, San Jacinto St

Highlighted

I'm on it!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'm not seeing any issues in the area and you are within good coverage. What's the make and model of your device? 

Highlighted

Samsung S8+.

I show good signal but I cannot send text messages, times out and I cannot make a phone call. It's as if the signal strength I'm seeing is "fake".  I can drive 15 minutes from here and do not have this issue. 

Highlighted

Please perform the followings steps to complete a PRL update.

1: From the home screen, tap Apps.

2: Scroll to and tap Settings.

3: Tap System Update. May be found under System section or General.

4: Tap Update Profile.

5: Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

Highlighted

Done.  Restarted.  Tried calling my brother across the table from me and my phone dials but nothing after that.  Says calling but only silence.  He calls me (Verizon) and I receive and can answer without issue.

Highlighted

Now I'm back to No Signal. 

Screenshot_20200809-180358_Messages.jpg

Highlighted

Show Signal but all texts fail.

Screenshot_20200809-180542_Messages.jpg

Highlighted

That's strange! Send us a private message so that I can get additional information to look into the issue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the same issue since the update as well on my S8+. I found that enabling VoLTE somewhat fixed it. The connection still drops randomly and doesn't come back unless I play around with the Voice Network/VoLTE settings/airplane mode/reboots. Is this going to be the new normal or are improvements coming? I'd like to keep using the device since it works well besides this recent issue.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat