Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification badge for new voicemails on the VM icon for Sprint Galaxy S8

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No notification badge for new voicemails on the VM icon for Sprint Galaxy S8

I recently lost the orange/red circle notification (some people call it a badge)  that would pop-up on my voicemail icon when I received a new voicemail. This would have a little number, inside the orange circle, showing how many new/unread voicemails I had. I get the same thing on my phone icon and message icon for text messages, also Facebook, LinkedIn eBay, etc... I've included a screen shot to show what I am talking about. This shows the circle on both the phone icon at the left of the screen and messages icon at the right. But nothing over my voicemail icon (which had 2 unread/missed voicemails at the time i took the screen shot). Anyway I've made sure all notification settings are turned to on (they are) I've checked for any new updates (there are none available) I've cleared system and app cashe's, I've rebooted the phone, I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app; testing both the original version and the updated version. No luck. I have a Galaxy S8 on Sprint that is about 6 weeks old and I use Visual Voicemail.  This feature was working fine up untill about 2 weeks ago when it stopped. I've been to a Corp Sprint store and they couldn't figure it out. I've used the sprint tech support app on my phone, they said it's a known issue with Samsung and no fix is available. On the Samsung forums, similar issues state its a carrier problem, so in my case that's Sprint. So now I have finger pointing between Sprint and Samsung.  Can anyone help? This is my 4th galaxy phone and I've gotten pretty used to this little simple feature and now I keep missing voicemails and its very frustrating. 

16 REPLIES 16
Sprint Social Care

Re: No notification badge for new voicemails on the VM icon for Sprint Galaxy S8

phlan1,

Hello, thank you for contacting us with this concern. We've received your private message, will be responding to you shortly.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: No notification badge for new voicemails on the VM icon for Sprint Galaxy S8

any update? i'm having the same issue and cannot believe how many other people seem to be having the same issue. how in the world can voicemail notifications be something that there is not an easy fix for?

Wizard

Hi bretheye. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. Please post a public comment to solve this problem.

Journeyman

Please post an update as I am uh having the same issue.

Journeyman

Why send a private message on a forum people are going to read when they are looking for help? Sprints new voicemail app is completely unacceptable and needs to be fixed.

Wizard

So I guess everyone is using the default Voice Mail App that can installed on the S8?? 

GrandMaster

you are correct. you should go ahead and post your personal sign in info in here where its fully public since the agent needs it to check your account and see if the issue is in there.

i dont recommend it but if you want to keep it fully public thats all on you..keep in mind this whole site is fully viewable by a ton of search engines out there..hence the need to keep ALL of your personal info that an agent will be requesting private Smiley Wink
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

I checked with our Samsung team when the device was released and was informed that the app is functioning as designed.  This version of the voicemail app does not include a count indicator badge.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I have the same issue. No new updates needed. Sprint store doesn't know. How do I get the notification back on again?

Journeyman

Not true for Galaxy S8. Took multiple calls and a lot of time on the phone but I finally got to the highest tier tech support and she change some settings on the back end and reset my mailbox and it worked fine immediately.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat