cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 - Sprint or Unlocked

Journeyman

Note 10 - Sprint or Unlocked

Samsung just posted the Note 10 Phone Trade in value info on their site.   I'll probably be upgrading my Note 9 (unlocked) and wondering if I should go 10 Unlocked or 10 Sprint.   I think the only feature I lost out on was the VoLTE (data and voice at the same time).    Any idea if the 10 Unlocked will support this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Note 10 - Sprint or Unlocked

Hi Howardpm411! We're very excited about new phones, but don't have any official info on the Note 10 yet, so we cannot comment on VoLTE compatibility at this time. 

I would suggest to get the Note10 Sprint version from Samsung and not the Unlocked one.
The unlocked one is not fully compatible with all options in Sprint network.
I always buy a Sprint note phone upfront and within a month I have them unlock it. This way it is fully compatible and all updates come from Sprint OTA and in the same time I can use it overseas with a local carrier.
I'm not sure how the merger with T-Mobile will effect the compatibility with unlocked phones but at least for now I'll stick with branded phone and not an unlocked one.
My personal opinion... LOL
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

@Dj_Damjano wrote:
I would suggest to get the Note10 Sprint version from Samsung and not the Unlocked one.
The unlocked one is not fully compatible with all options in Sprint network.
I always buy a Sprint note phone upfront and within a month I have them unlock it. This way it is fully compatible and all updates come from Sprint OTA and in the same time I can use it overseas with a local carrier.
I'm not sure how the merger with T-Mobile will effect the compatibility with unlocked phones but at least for now I'll stick with branded phone and not an unlocked one.
My personal opinion... LOL

With my own unlocked phones (S7 edge, Note 8, Note 9) and T-Mobile, I'm able to get Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE, and Visual Voicemail. With Sprint, I get Visual Voicemail, Wi-Fi calling, and "hand off" simultaneous voice and data.  Therefore, I wouldn't be too worried if you get an unlocked Note 10.

Master

Good to know those phones are more integrated than what I thought.
Thank you.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat