cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ app issues

Journeyman

Note 10+ app issues

This is the weirdest thing and I don't know how to stop it.  I currently have the new Note 10+ after using a Note 9 and a S7 Edge prior to that.  I'm not exactly sure when this started.  I end up with apps that aren't mine!  I'm not much of an app user.  I have a few restaurants, a couple games, my banking apps, and maybe a few stores but other than that the phone is empty.   I've noticed apps appearing.  At first I thought that Sprint had done an update and added new things.  I'd just delete them.  A couple of weeks ago I happened to be looking at the screen when a new app appeared...it was some candy game.  I started checking my phone and found other mystery apps and they appear as though someone is/had used them.  Some games had scores!!!  A zip code locator app had a "history" of different zip codes it looked up.  I had the IT guy at work look into it.  He's puzzled.  He suggested a factory reset which I did.  Without much on my phone it doesn't take very long.  Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.  Yesterday I had some app called boomerang which I'm guessing is cartoons because it had a  pic of Bugs Bunny and a dog.  Another app was Wikipedia.  I have used that before on my desktop but never had it as an app. The question is how do I stop these apps from appearing and how can someone be using the apps on my phone?  Is there a setting that I'm missing????  I thought maybe its a "hot spot" setting or something.  I've never used hot spots and don't know anything about them really.  Ideas?

19 REPLIES 19
Wizard

Re: Note 10+ app issues

That does seem very odd. Boomerang is a cable TV channel that plays old cartoons. But that app would require the user to login so they can watch. Much like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon. Does anyone else use you your phone? Maybe a child, or friend? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

No one else uses my phone or has access to it.  I live alone and do leave my phone on my desk at work but I doubt someone there is sitting down and adding things to my phone if I step out for a minute or two.  The apps are "regular" apps.  Whats weird is that they end up on my phone and appear to be used by someone.  I haven't watched cartoons in 40 years!  Hulu came with my phone and I can't even figure out how to set it up but it's not a big deal so I don't worry about it. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Not to detract from the gravity of the matter, but you're missing out on some quality cartoons my friend. 

But that aside, it almost sounds like your phone has been cloned. Sometime unethical people will clone another person's phone. This way they can use the customers data, talk, and even text without having to ever pay a bill. 

What type of phone do you have? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

My phone is the Note 10+ unlocked.  I pre-ordered it directly from Samsung.  I have the Sprint card in it of course to use the phone but do not have a SD card in it for additional memory.

Usually way too busy for much TV.  Haven't had cable TV in years.  Get local channels over the air waves and that's about it.  This phone is as close as I get to being tech savvy and as you can tell I'm not real good at it.  LOL

Wizard

I don't have cable myself, but love Netflix and Amazon. 

To test to see if your phone's been cloned, use the find My Phone app on Android phones. If there's a duplicate phone out there, you'll see it.

If there is another phone out there then let me know and we'll take the next steps. 

If there is no other phone out there, then that means the phone hasn't been cloned. 

To safe guard you phone from cloning, protect your IMEI#. Don't place it out on the public web. Keep your phone with you or in your purse, and have your device password protected. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

GrandMaster

also if you decide to do the factory reset route (recommended) i would go in after you do it and change around your google account/play store to not allow anything to be added unless a password is used. since you dont really download many apps turning the parental controls on and adjusting those around so any app attempted to be downloaded would need a password or something might do the trick.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Password protect everything you can. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Unfortunately you are the smartest person alive!  It says my phone is in North Bihar.  I should have paid more attention in geography class.  How many years have I been there while thinking I live in USA????

What do I do now?????

Wizard

Does it show that your phone is in 2 location at the same time? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Thanks fireguy_6364.  You've helped me several times before.

Journeyman

It showed my current location....or close enough that I'd say it was correct anyways.

The North Bihar location was in India next to a river on the map.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat