cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ app issues

Wizard

Re: Note 10+ app issues

I'm just triple checking, because this may require a fraud case, so I want to make sure that all the ducks are in a row and not on a rave.

Is it showing your device at home, or close enough, and in India? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

*tips hat*

spotted a familiar name so i jumped in 🙂

Cats got you for the big deeper stuff though. Good luck on this one. hope it gets squared out for you.

@TRexasorus wrote:

Thanks fireguy_6364.  You've helped me several times before.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Cellphone map2.jpgCell Map home1.jpg

Sorry it took so long....I'm really not tech friendly.  Top show India location and the bottom is home.

Journeyman

This morning I searched for my phone again and it's only showing the real me?  I just really don't understand.

Community Manager

Wow, that escalated quickly!  I don't think your phone is cloned per se, but more so your Google username/password is compromised.  Shady companies get paid per download of an app(s), so if they get hold to someone's Google username/password, they can download at will.  Let me show you.

Here I am logged in as my daughter:

Capture.PNG

And this is me installing Spotify to her phone:

Capture1.PNG

And why did it say you were in India?  Well, it's based on the GPS and/or IP of the computer/device that is logged in with your Google credentials.  Here is me on my work laptop signed in as my daughter:

Capture2.PNG

It said zip code 73122 Oklahoma City, which is where I am at, but my daughter is actually in school in Warr Acres.

So, first things first, change the password on to your Google account.  Second, and I need everyone to pay attention to this including @Cat_Sprint and @fireguy_6364 ... TURN ON TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION ON YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT!!!  Not sure why this is not on by default, but it is awesome.  Whenever someone signs into your Google account, you get a full-screen notification asking if it is you.  You simply tap yes or no. 

1.  to your Google Account.
  2. On the left navigation panel, click Security.
  3. On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification.
  4. Click Get started.
  5. Follow the steps on the screen.

Journeyman

Thanks I'll try that stuff.  I stopped at the Sprint store this morning and they helped me get rid of a lot of the things that weren't mine.  A couple things they didn't even recognize and when we tried to open them nothing happens. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

booyah. got to learn something new today.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Each one...teach one.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

booyah. got to learn something new today.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat