cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 message over WiFi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 10 message over WiFi

I see this problem all over the message boards for Sprint and Samsung. When you speak to Sprint they act like they have no idea what you're talkin about. I replaced an LG G5 had no issues ever doing messaging with attachments over Wi-Fi did not ever have to use mobile data. From what I see there were glitches in the phones that were manufactured prior to November of 2019 that can't be fixed by changing any settings or any patches. I am so frustrated I just want to throw this phone in the garbage. I have 2 gigs of data a month and I am not going to spend $30 extra a month do you have unlimited data when I don't need it. I spoke to Samsung's customer support and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

I'm not going to argue with you I have never in all the years I've used Sprint and then messaging had to use my mobile data to send any kind of message only when I got this phone 2 weeks ago have I had this issue. My LG G5 worked perfectly and I will escalate this and you obviously don't know what you're talkin about. I explained it to you the data in the app is on it won't go over Wi-Fi unless I turn on mobile data. I have never once again had this issue prior to two weeks ago please don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Something that worked 2 weeks ago should work today. Please don't respond to me again

Highlighted

you mean two weeks ago with a device that was roughly 3+ years old? the fact that data is turned on within your texting app is NOT the same as actually having data turned on within your device..the data he is talking about that it needs to authenticate with is from the Sprint tower..not wifi..it must drop down and connect to the towers data..which you have turned off on your phone.

you have said numerous times already that when you turn data back on through your phone it all sends/receives just fine..thats because it was finally able to connect to the tower and authenticate.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I understand what you're saying I'm not stupid. I'm not talking about regular messages SMS that are just text  those go through fine .  I'm talking about the MMS messages with pictures or any type of attachments . Yes on a device that was over three years old I never had to use my mobile data ever it always went over Wi-Fi in the house or wherever I was connected to Wi-Fi. I turned mobile data on very infrequently  outside of the house unless I was on a trip or a highway or had to use Google Maps for some reason. Unless Sprint change the way they did things I never had this issue. As I said before I have a 2 gig data plan so I do not leave mobile data on. I totally understand the difference between the data in the app and mobile data. I find it interesting that your responses are acting like no one's ever heard of this issue before. It's all over Sprint community and Samsung's appt. I never had to remember to turn mobile data on and off to get a MMS message. Do you think that I just pulled the information out of the air about the manufacture date of the Note 10 and the fix that was applied 4 phones after a certain date. I'm not going to argue with someone over a message board. Please just let it go if anyone else that reads it has some information I'll be more than happy to read it.

I have the note 10+ and i use the new android messaging app V.6.2.041. 

I belive it's still on beta version but i love it so far and i have no issues with txt and mms over wifi. The app is very stable for being in beta version. 

I strongly suggest it to all my friends that have android. 

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

Thank you. I don't see where I'm able to download this app for messaging. And if for some reason it doesn't work am I able to uninstall it and have it not affect any of the existing settings on my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue here, this is not ok, especially in situations where there is no option of using cellular data. This should not be happening.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat