cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ no voicemail or icon

Journeyman

Note 10+ no voicemail or icon

I just got a Note 10+ and all the settings are to receive voicemail notifications but I have no icon nor do I get any voicemail notifications,  I had this on my Note 9 and really need this fixed.  Samsung says Sprint has to find a resolution as it is their voicemail.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Note 10+ no voicemail or icon

I'm happy to look into this for you. Are you receiving voicemail messages? Can you retrieve them?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes, I get the voicemails but I have no voicemail icon nor do I get any notification I have a voicemail.  I have to call my voicemail to even find out if there is a voicemail. I have all my settings set to allow notifications as that has been checked.  I transferred everything from my Note 9 to this phone and the voicemail icon is missing.

Do you have the Visual Voicemail app set up?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

No I do not use visual voicemail and there is nothing on the phone for that either I looked.

Did you use visual voicemail on your previous phone? Just checking that you have the voicemail set up like the previous phone.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

No I have never used visual voicemail

Ok, no issues there. I just wanted to make sure I was getting you set up the way you're used to having.

Will you check for software updates? Also, let's update the data profile and reset the network settings. If you need the steps, let me know. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

There are no software updates.  I also did the update profile.  Not sure how to do network settings and do not want to mess anything up.  If you could let me know how to do that.  Thanks

I apologize that we seem to be behind in building our troubleshooting guides for the Note 10. Here are the steps for the Note 9. They should be the same. 

1. From the home screen, tap Phone.

2. Dial ##72786#.

3. Tap YES.

4. Your device will restart and begin network activation.

5. Tap OK.

6. Network settings have been reset.

Resetting the network settings does not remove anything from your phone. Please update the data profile again first, then process these steps.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

OK did that and nothing has changed still no voicemail icon 

That's ok, we're just following the steps. Please go through this one next:

1. Tap the Voicemail icon on the device > Settings > Applications > Application Manager > click Voicemail > click Permissions.  Make sure all permissions are ON (Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone, SMS, Storage).

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat