cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 5 text message

Journeyman

Note 5 text message

Note 5 won't send my text messages. I have a full signal and WiFi. It takes over 30 seconds to either eventually send or fail. Just started happening the last week or so.  

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Note 5 text message

To verify, you can make and receive calls? Do you notice delays, or are you getting any errors when receiving texts? Are you using the standard messaging app that came on the phone, or a 3rd party downloaded app?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint wrote:

To verify, you can make and receive calls? Do you notice delays, or are you getting any errors when receiving texts? Are you using the standard messaging app that came on the phone, or a 3rd party downloaded app?

Yes I can make and receive calls and I  am I using the standard app. Yes there is a delay or they won't send at all. If I restart my phone I can send them without any delay then about 5 minutes later  back to delaying. 

Are you connected to WiFi or Sprint mobile data? Are any of the numbers you're texting, international numbers? Are the people you're texting Sprint customers, other carriers, or a mixture of both?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Wifi/ sprint network.. No international numbers.. Various carriers 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

also are these regular texts, group texts or pic texts?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Regular and picture 

GrandMaster

which means group texts would be affected..im almost positive the problem you are running into is app related. to test this download another texting app like Textra, GoSMS or even Google Messages then use it and see if you are running into the same thing (Google Messages would be the proffered one since that is on most devices now anyways).

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I Google and did the parameters reset ##72786# and been able to send  all day so far, no problems 

GrandMaster

sounds like it was a data connection issue or you were pulling bunk info from the tower and it was affecting the MMS side of things.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat