cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Hotspot Error after upgrade to pie

Journeyman

Note 8 Hotspot Error after upgrade to pie

Hello, I upgraded my Note 8 to pie the other day and now I can not turn on the hotspot. It gives me an error " You have not subscribed to the hotspot service" I had gotten this error before my upgrade but I use the Shortcut Master Lite fix and it worked but now after the upgrade to pie, my phone doesn't allow me to launch the LTEFunctionality test. I tried calling sprint and they had me do everything but hard reset my phone which I really don't want to do. Any suggestions??

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 8 Hotspot Error after upgrade to pie

Howdy Dee001. In order to use the mobile hot spot it has to be either a part of your current plan or has to be added. I'm not fully aware of the Shortcut Master Lite fix, but the hot spot service has to be added via Sprint. I'd like to take deeper look into this. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

How do I find your PM that you sent me

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Far right hand top corner. 

Click on your name

Click on the envelop 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat