cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update no LTE and limited network

Journeyman

Note 8 Pie update no LTE and limited network

After the Pie update I'm not getting LTE and sometimes no 3g. And the mobile network works intermittently. I've tried updating the profile and the prl. I've tried ##72786# and other things. This seems like the same problem Samsung had in other regions and had to push out an update to fix. I wish I wouldn't have updated until all of the bugs were worked out.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update no LTE and limited network

I'm having the same issue with the Galaxy S8 update. My phone will only connect to 3G/CDMA effectively. LTE flashes up periodically, but it does not stay connected.

Looks like the same issue as the S10+: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/03/26/galaxy-s10-appears-to-suffer-major-lte-signal-and-connectiv...
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I can try refreshing the devices on our side, to see if it helps. Please send me a private message with your phone number. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I have the S8, updated Pi yesterday, same issues mentioned above. Signal loss of LTE, 3G, alternating into Roaming. Stable in 3G mode setting. Went to Corporate store, they tried all the codes, replaced the SIM card also to no avail. Still have issue similar to reported S10+....called customer care and they have no knowledge of S8 issues of Pi upload. They are willing to exchange my phone, holding off for a fix for now. Wish to see announcement or something acknowledging issue

Journeyman

(GS8) EXACT  SAME issues immediately after the Pie update I've been trying to troubleshoot since March 27th, 8am.

Soon as my phone boots up it gets great LTE service for about 10 seconds and then the bars go down to 0 for about 30 more seconds before eventually going to an "x" within the LTE bars. The LTE "x" with no bars stays for about 3-5 minutes and then 3g kicks in with bars lit. The 3G is VERY spotty - When I make messenger calls on it it lasts for about 1 minute and then the bars go out and as soon as I hang up the bars come back. Almost like it was buffering or something.

I took it to the sprint store. They tried 3 different SIMS, reset it, opened the phone and reset my LTE, Wifi wires as well as reseated my battery before sending me out saying I'd have to send it off for a couple of weeks. I refuse to do that as it's NOT a hardware issue since the update is the only thing that's happened.

I've done the bands 25/26/41 alterations and then ##72786#. After a day of playing with it I managed to get LTE to stay consistently until the phone rebooted itself about 20 minutes later. Then it went back to the same old LTE,x,3g cycle.  Even when I had LTE for those 20 minutes, I couldn't text as outgoing text messages hung and would never send. I WAS able to browse the Internet and make phone calls.

I've learned more than I want to know about my phone over these last 2 days.

##72786# - resets the network connection to default.

*#0011# - Allows you to see what LTE band you're using.

##3282# - then enter 000000 for code, allows you to change/view band settings by choosing the LTE option

Very frustrating as I have only 2 more months left to payoff my S8.

You are NOT ALONE!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

The issues have been reported. We're working on getting it fixed now. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Also just updated to Pie and having network issues. spotty 3G and no LTE. Thank goodness to wifi at home. Please get this fixed soon.

@RedCruzr_Sprint wrote:

The issues have been reported. We're working on getting it fixed now. 

Journeyman

The folks at your advanced tech support have no idea of this, they told me that I was the first report of the issue. I hope a fix is coming soon, if not I'll have to ditch SPRINT

Journeyman

When will this update issue be fixed? My Note 8 is having all the same issues as listed above. Sprint is so backed up with complaints that I can't get through. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat