Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

After the Pie update completed, my zNote 8 phone won't connect to LTE. A Sprint store worked on it for several hours and could not get it to connect.  Updated PRL and profile several times, rebooted, etc.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

For anyone affected by the issue, I just checked for an update on my Note 8 and there was one and it fixed it for me. Still bummed it took so long, but I'm glad it's fixed. 

View solution in original post

195 REPLIES 195
Highlighted

Oh that is frustrating. Can you try going to the dial pad, and dial ##72786#? Let me know if that helps. 

Highlighted

Done, it rebooted, did it's update. Unfortunately, it didn't help. After boot up, LTE connects with a few bars for about 2 seconds, then the bars drop, then it goes to bars with an X on them. Eventually, 3g will start working. This is what has been happening since the Pie update.
Highlighted

Hm sounds like we need to get more in depth. Can you send me a PM?

Highlighted

Sure, how do I do that?
Highlighted

You will click on my name, and you should see "private message" on the top. 

Highlighted

It says item not found when I click your name.
Highlighted

I tried typing your name in manually to the PM address, and it gave an error.
Highlighted

I will go ahead, and private message you. 🙂 

Highlighted

Thanks, sorry.
Highlighted

I had the same problem here in Chicago with my Samsung S8 not connecting to LTE.  It kept trying, but would go back to no service and then 3G.  I saw that the Sprint Social Care Agent said to try ##72786#.  I did and it worked for me.  All good here in "The Windy City".

Highlighted

The same thing has happened to me. Very weak signal and either not data or only 3g. Sometimes I will get LTE for a short time if I turn the data off and then back on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat