cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

The latest update is causing some know issues that we are working on figuring out. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint wrote:

The latest update is causing some know issues that we are working on figuring out. 

Just the fact that Sprint (or official representative) is admitting that "The latest update is causing some known issues that Sprint is working on it" makes me feel better already!  

Usually, they say that no one else is having issues or nothing has been reported.

Journeyman

Noticed besides the LTE issue, trying to have a conversation on cell network was impossible. Ended up activating a Ting phone to make calls yesterday.

Like the TX power has been set to nothing. If I moved at all they lost me.

Journeyman

I haven't disabled it but when I see what Band I'm on it is 41, the same one everyone else is complaining about. The signal strength indicator shows LTE but no Data.  Also, my home security camera app indicates 3g/4g or nothing if on LTE (which is what it normally showed, nothing). Now every time I use the app when I'm not on WiFi it says 3g/4g when before Pie update it use to say nothing (in other words LTE). 

Journeyman

I think this is the same issue.  The band 41 work around didn't fix it for me.

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/03/27/sprint-galaxy-s10-data-lte-connectivity-issues-officially-acknowle...

Journeyman

Still no LTE, anyone have any updates?
Journeyman

Thanks for the heads up.  Just got my update notice today for Pie.  There is no way I am going to update until I see that everything is OK on this board.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Galaxy S8 and am having the same issues.  In addition, occasionally I get an "Invalid SIM card" error and it tells me to contact Sprint to unlock my phone.  The interesting thing is my wife has the same phone and hers is fine.  One thing we noticed over the weekend is if we go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names, she has a lot more options than I do, and the one she has selected isn't even an option on mine.  My phone is set to APN2 LTE|EHRPT internet, hers is set to APN2 LTE internet, which isn't even an option on mine.  In fact we have almost completely different options.  So I don't know if this is related to the issue, but it seems strange.  It used to be you could add and switch Access Point Names, but now everything is greyed out like you can't do anything with them.

I should note if I dial ##DATA# and switch HRD/1x selection to "LTE Only" then I get plenty of LTE signal, but I'm unable to make phone calls.

Journeyman

@youjane1 wrote:

I have a Galaxy S8 and am having the same issues.  In addition, occasionally I get an "Invalid SIM card" error and it tells me to contact Sprint to unlock my phone.  The interesting thing is my wife has the same phone and hers is fine.  One thing we noticed over the weekend is if we go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names, she has a lot more options than I do, and the one she has selected isn't even an option on mine.  My phone is set to APN2 LTE|EHRPT internet, hers is set to APN2 LTE internet, which isn't even an option on mine.  In fact we have almost completely different options.  So I don't know if this is related to the issue, but it seems strange.  It used to be you could add and switch Access Point Names, but now everything is greyed out like you can't do anything with them.

I should note if I dial ##DATA# and switch HRD/1x selection to "LTE Only" then I get plenty of LTE signal, but I'm unable to make phone calls.

My S8 got the Sim card message as well after the update. My Access Point Names are also grayed out but set to the same option as yours.

Journeyman

I'm thinking of taking the phone to Ubreakifix to see if they can reflash the old software version.  I really don't want to sit at a Sprint store for hours when I know they don't have a solution.

EDIT: Sounds like they can't do that.  Fantastic.  So we just have to sit with unusable phones and wait for Sprint to figure this out?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi youjane. We can open up a ticket with our tech support to look into this further for you if you would like. Drop me a PM and we can get some additional detail from you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

You can edit access points in ##data# (you won't be able to select them from the menu you're looking at)

I wonder what would happen if one was recreated like a working one. Unfortunately I don't have the old APN and google's giving me the ancient settings whenever I search.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat