cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Well I can't with MSL 000000.  I guess I need to get the number for my specific phone?  Is that something Sprint provides?

Journeyman

I swear, if one more person asks me if I've restarted my phone, I just might throw it out of the window. 

I've reached out to Sprint and been to the Sprint store. They are aware of this type of issue for the S10 series and are replacing those phones. They offered to flash my Note 8 to the previous version but said they tried on someone else that same day and it didn't work. They said since it's a Samsung issue, I'd have to wait until they pushed another update since it was a known issue.

I called Samsung to get a timeline of the update. They weren't aware of any issues other than the S10 series. They tried to clear the cache (by holding Volume Up, Power, and Bixby button) and that didn't work. They sent me to UBreakIFix to get the same flash refresh done that the store offered, and I was told that they couldn't do it. They can't downgrade to a previous release once the update it completed.

No I'm back to square one of paying for a service and a phone that's not usable, and losing out on money daily because of this issue.

Journeyman

Yes Ubreakifix said the same thing to me, they can't downgrade...maybe worth trying Sprint's offer to do it?

Journeyman

Yeah, they're kinda my last resort before getting rid of the phone altogether....the one thing that I don't really want to do.

Journeyman

Well if you give it a try please let us know if it works for you!

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue, I was on with advanced technology support Saturday and they said they had had no reports. I need this fixed or I will have to switch carries

Journeyman

I'm the process of switching carriers now, I gave up waiting for Sprint to fix this.
Journeyman

Sprint just doesn't care - they roll it over to samsung that's it is their problem, and the customer is stuck.

I can get any program working, everything keeps on crashing,

Journeyman

I am copying the whole internal HD and doing a factory reset.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Won't fix the LTE, but probably will fix the crashing

Journeyman

I didn't have the LTE problem.

By me since the new update flashed, programs keep in crashing. Some worked in the beginning and started crashing after a bit of time.  It kept on telling me a whole time that I am out of space, the more data I moved to my SD card and it kept on filling up, then suddenly it erased a few programs on its own. It removed all my contacts, Gmail information, etc. Even sprint or Samsung programs mostly don't work.

Tried re flashing via Odin still didn't help.

Journeyman

Welp, Sprint said they can't flash to a previous version; they can reflash with the current and troubleshoot afterwards.

I'll end up getting a new phone by the end of the day tomorrow.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat