Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

After the Pie update completed, my zNote 8 phone won't connect to LTE. A Sprint store worked on it for several hours and could not get it to connect.  Updated PRL and profile several times, rebooted, etc.  Please help.

195 REPLIES 195
Highlighted

Seems the pie update associates the LTE signal with Verizon over Sprint?? Can you do a "DNS LEAK" test (not sure if I can post links that lead outside of these forums but a google search should be used) and see what your DNS is (should show "SPRINT ISP" or something similar) and post the results??

If it's showing sprint, then something else is miss configured..

Using my note 8 which is factory unlocked using sprint LTE:
68.29.220.* Sprint PCS United States

On 3g the same results are shown.

Hopefully we get closer to the issue and fix it A.S.A.P!!
Highlighted

Is Sprint planning on giving us anything for the trouble? like waive the months phone bill? i'm sick of this and ready to take my phone elsewhere.

I hear ya RemyBuB. At this time credits aren't being given. This isn't to say that they won't ever be given, but, as far as the credit part,  we're treating it the same as if a tower was down. Meaning if a credit needs to be applied, it'll be after the issue has been resolved, and as a prorated part of the bill. 

In order to know how much of a credit to apply, we need to know how long the issue happened for. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Cat_Sprint the issue happened as soon as the android pie update was released for sprint and still a fix isn't made....

I personally don't care "who" is responsible but this is unacceptable. Apple already got sued for their batterygate fiasco and I'm sure sprint and/or Samsung will soon be facing the same issue.

The point of a beta is to test functionality and make sure the bugs are ironed out before the public release... I had no issues with the android pie beta on my unlocked note 8 but now people can't use their phones to their fullish potential. Not a good look for sprint but seeing as they are merging with tmobile I don't see them caring that much which is sad as that lack of care gets pushed down to the consumers.

Don't take this personally... You have a job and you are doing it. It just sucks that there hasn't been nearly ANY transparency around what is going on. Just the consumers trying to figure it out because they NEED to use their phones. I am even personally offering ideas to help narrow down the root cause that so that the customers, including myself, can get the service we paid for on the devices we paid for or are financing.

Please, tell sprint to at least let us know SOME type of progress for those that unfortunately are affected.

Highlighted

Its more lile ALL towers are down not just one. And the response I got when calling to use wifi is frankly insulting. Like a car dealer telling you about your faulty manufactured car, ohh your fine, just drive your other car. This shouldnt be a discount issue, our bill should be 0 untill its fixed, or you should replace our phones immediately. Its a leased phone, you broke it. Why should I pay you?
Highlighted

And if you guys cared at all, it would be a simple fix to issue an update that just reverts our phones back to the old software before they were broken untill you can re update them with the issue resolved with pie

Highlighted

@TrinitySoundSys wrote:
Its more lile ALL towers are down not just one. And the response I got when calling to use wifi is frankly insulting. Like a car dealer telling you about your faulty manufactured car, ohh your fine, just drive your other car. This shouldnt be a discount issue, our bill should be 0 untill its fixed, or you should replace our phones immediately. Its a leased phone, you broke it. Why should I pay you?

To stay with the car analogy... Sprint is basically saying 4th and 5th gear are broken. 3rd gear (3g) only works some of the time. But, you should feel fine because your car can turn on, run A/C, Heat, and play music, even though the whole point of the car is to drive, and that doesn't work sometimes (phone calls).

Highlighted

I know this is insanely frustrating and we are working with Samsung to get this worked out for everyone. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

Its been over 2 weeks now since you guys broke my phone. Apologies are meaningless. Mail me a new phone or let me out of my lease agreement.  

Highlighted

So, what credits are expected for those who were forced to upgrade into a new phone to even get service?

I not only had the LTE loss, I couldn't be understood on the phone because it sounded like I was gargling squids due to (I'm guessing) 3G tower that kept getting chosen being complete garbage.

I was carrying around a Ting phone for weeks before upgrading to the S10 because the service was not just slow, it was completely unusable for anything other than texting. Only upgraded as opposed to left because the wife's account is with Sprint.

Highlighted

My home wireless went out today so figured I'd just use the Note 8 as backup and found the same issue.  No internet connection and "LTE" wasn't showing (or was intermittent).  Spent 20 minutes with "customer care" before she transferred me to what I thought would be tech support but ended up another "customer care" for another 20 minutes before transferring to tech support where the guy put me through the codes and reprovisioning and then cut me off and never called back.  I called back and was told there were no notes from him (what a shock) so first spoke with Assurian (who claimed to be tech support) for 20 minutes before they transferred to tech support and after more of the same the guy finally said I had to go to a Sprint repair store and have it flashed.  Lucky I read this, since I would never want to flash unless it is a guaranteed fix.

I see this has been for at least 3 weeks now.  What is Sprint doing to fix this ASAP?!

Highlighted

Bump, any update?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat