cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

They are "still working with Samsung on a fix update" what I was told today. I call daily.

Journeyman

Luckily I have 3 lines on the byod free for 1 year plan or I would be intensely po'ed.

Journeyman

Anyone else get sold a new plan when you called?

Journeyman

Had to get a new phone. During diagnostics (sim swap,) they activated asurion protection and charged me about twenty six dollars and cost me yet another 22 minutes in with them to cancel and get a refund

Journeyman

I took advantage of the 1 Year free plan when you bring over your own device and port your number and just pay taxes and fees also. Huge mistake.
Journeyman

Full signal bars, Lte indication, no data!  Speedtest shows download .35, upload 1.47

Lease is up this month, I was going to pay $240 to buy it and wait for the Note 10.  Now I don't know if I can survive with it until August? 

Journeyman

That's what I normally do. I have over the years filed 2 complaints in California with the state attorney general's office which transfers it to the PUC/consumer protection. Since I own my device outright and get free service without a current contract. I dont think there would be any type of recourse or remedy for me,  but there definitely should be for anyone else out there. Take that that advice and file a complaint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For anyone affected by the issue, I just checked for an update on my Note 8 and there was one and it fixed it for me. Still bummed it took so long, but I'm glad it's fixed. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Please download the latest update and let us know if that fixes the issue.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Solved it for me

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Great to hear!

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes LTE is now working. 

However, just so you are aware I'm not sure if the issue is fully fixed. 

I'm currently sitting in a location that I KNOW has no sprint 4g LTE signal. Yet I have full 4g LTE bars. 

So I did the test I mentioned in a previous post by typing in a wrong web address in Samsung internet and got kicked out to assist Verizon web page. 

So I'm happy I'm on 4g. But I'm actually roaming and the phone does not tell me I'm roaming.

As long as I don't get billed for roaming this is actually great because Verizon has much better service. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat