cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

After the Pie update completed, my zNote 8 phone won't connect to LTE. A Sprint store worked on it for several hours and could not get it to connect.  Updated PRL and profile several times, rebooted, etc.  Please help.

195 REPLIES 195
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Oh that is frustrating. Can you try going to the dial pad, and dial ##72786#? Let me know if that helps. 

Journeyman

Done, it rebooted, did it's update. Unfortunately, it didn't help. After boot up, LTE connects with a few bars for about 2 seconds, then the bars drop, then it goes to bars with an X on them. Eventually, 3g will start working. This is what has been happening since the Pie update.

Hm sounds like we need to get more in depth. Can you send me a PM?

Journeyman

Sure, how do I do that?

You will click on my name, and you should see "private message" on the top. 

Journeyman

It says item not found when I click your name.
Journeyman

I tried typing your name in manually to the PM address, and it gave an error.

I will go ahead, and private message you. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

Thanks, sorry.
Journeyman

I had the same problem here in Chicago with my Samsung S8 not connecting to LTE.  It kept trying, but would go back to no service and then 3G.  I saw that the Sprint Social Care Agent said to try ##72786#.  I did and it worked for me.  All good here in "The Windy City".

Journeyman

The same thing has happened to me. Very weak signal and either not data or only 3g. Sometimes I will get LTE for a short time if I turn the data off and then back on.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat