cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

And no, I can use wifi calling when I have internet...otherwise no calls or sending texts, although I do seem to receive most texts. 

Journeyman

I am still having the same issues...  Generally they are less frequent, but it still is not working the way it was prior to updating to PIE.  I have done every upgrade that has been made available.  Other coworkers in the same building are also now having issues, and when we each spent 3 hours going over the issues with Sprint tech support they informed us that the local tower there has been getting upgrades for the past 3 months and should be improved 'soon'.  It honestly feels like Sprint and Samsung are working together to make the phones worse over time to push sales, seeing as consumers now are realizing the cost of the actual device upgrades. 
I have yet to downgrade to Oreo to see if the problem would go away.

I also have not disabled any specific bands to see if that fixes the issues as many others have chosen to do.  

If my job depended on being able to use my Sprint phone I likely would change carriers.

Part of me is hoping that the TMUS/S merger is completed and we see actual network improvement with the combination of the TMUS backhaul and the sprint spectrum.  
I traveled into Canada with my phone and roamed on the networks there,  I had no issues with towers and actually experienced the highest speeds downloading ever on any network.  It is clear to me this is a Sprint issue created during the updates that may have altered the way the phone attaches to a particular band/tower. 

Journeyman

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was so happy with Verizon (for 10+years) except for my bill. It never occurred to me that I would experience this level of frustration with other carriers. I just wanted to save some money but it's just not worth the headache. 

GrandMaster

most testing is done in a controlled environment. so some changes might not be noticed if for example things were changed up and it has issues changing to a different band of LTE etc when signal gets low. not unheard of...but this would have been a change up on Samsungs side that wasnt noticed during testing phases.

you dont see the same reports popping up with other manufacturers and Pie.

@Mikelsbid wrote:

I am still having the same issues...  Generally they are less frequent, but it still is not working the way it was prior to updating to PIE.  I have done every upgrade that has been made available.  Other coworkers in the same building are also now having issues, and when we each spent 3 hours going over the issues with Sprint tech support they informed us that the local tower there has been getting upgrades for the past 3 months and should be improved 'soon'.  It honestly feels like Sprint and Samsung are working together to make the phones worse over time to push sales, seeing as consumers now are realizing the cost of the actual device upgrades. 
I have yet to downgrade to Oreo to see if the problem would go away.

I also have not disabled any specific bands to see if that fixes the issues as many others have chosen to do.  

If my job depended on being able to use my Sprint phone I likely would change carriers.

Part of me is hoping that the TMUS/S merger is completed and we see actual network improvement with the combination of the TMUS backhaul and the sprint spectrum.  
I traveled into Canada with my phone and roamed on the networks there,  I had no issues with towers and actually experienced the highest speeds downloading ever on any network.  It is clear to me this is a Sprint issue created during the updates that may have altered the way the phone attaches to a particular band/tower. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat