cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

OK-  I had my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Wifi for the last 60 minutes.  I turned it on after having the no connection/3G square dance issue.  I just turned it off.  I now have LTE and VoLTE.  Go figure!  I provide this information for the Sprint network technicians.  It is a "handshake" issue or a recognition issue on connecting to the network.

Journeyman

I just performed *#0011#  

LTE RRC:IDLE BAND:41 BW:20MHz

Journeyman

Awesome, glad it's working for you. Toggling wifi hasn't made a difference on mine.
Journeyman

@RJK1957 wrote:

I just performed *#0011#  

LTE RRC:IDLE BAND:41 BW:20MHz

Sorry to be out of the know, but what is this *#0011# ?

Journeyman

some sort of diagnostic screen.
Journeyman

@CapsFanHere wrote:
some sort of diagnostic screen.

So should it only be used by experienced technical users?

Journeyman

Gives technical status information.  It does not change anything.  About five lines down you will see the LTE line if you are connected to LTE.  It shows which band you are linked to.  In my case, it was band 41.

Journeyman

It is ok to look at the page.  Does not change anything.

Journeyman

@RJK1957 wrote:

Gives technical status information.  It does not change anything.  About five lines down you will see the LTE line if you are connected to LTE.  It shows which band you are linked to.  In my case, it was band 41.

Gotha, Band 41 is one of the bands documented all over the web as causing this particular issue.

Journeyman

Exactly. I do not plan on disabling band 41. I'll let Sprint figure this out. I was planning to get an Samsung S10, but will wait until this is all sorted out.
Journeyman

@RJK1957 wrote:
Exactly. I do not plan on disabling band 41. I'll let Sprint figure this out. I was planning to get an Samsung S10, but will wait until this is all sorted out.

Ditto, I have one month left on my lease so I was either going to get the S10+ or buy my Note 8 and wait for the Note 10.  But now I am going to sit on it until all this gets worked out.

Journeyman

Same issues with an S8 here north of Nashville... tried all the same fixes and spent over an hour on the phone with a tech who said there was no documentation in the sprint system that this is a problem... How do I open a service ticket?

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat