cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

The forced network update - ##72786# - fixed the problem for my Note 8.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thanks for the input moreldav. The network setting reset is a wonderful fix for most things, and one I use daily.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

So are most people not having connectivity issues still?   My phone(s) are still having issues.  At times I will connect to a tower and get great speed and have a functional phone,  yet at other times my phone will show 4 bars of signal and cant even send a text, let alone do anything with data.  When I cycle airplane mode I will have a working phone in the area that had issues, but after a minute or two it goes back to non functional.    All of this has occurred post the Pie upgrades and is still occurring today with all patches applied including the freshly posted one today ending in DSG5.       
I have gone through all the hoops,  even had a hard reset which cleared everything.  Sadly once it booted back up to Pie it has the same exact issues.   Currently I am in the process of downloading the last Oreo version which I will install and hope that my issues are gone. 

It is really a shame, having been a sprint customer for 15+ years and having dealt with issues on many phones over that time this one may actually break my back and send me to another provider. I am done being on hold, being in chat queues, for an issue they know exists for going on 3+ months and yet they cant fix the issue. SPRINT this is your issue , even if Samsung is the software provider, clearly something is different with the radio interaction post the updates, how hard can it be to move back to the old settings from Oreo while still having the rest of Pie?

I am in a major metro of Indianapolis and yet my phone is now reliant on wifi to operate.

Journeyman

OK, this right here is exactly the problem I am having and guess what? I also live in Indianapolis. I bought my phone (note 8) from an ebay seller with excellent ratings so I am confident there is nothing wrong with the phone itself. But I have been through all the hoops, all the troubleshooting, resets, factory resets, network resets, SIM card change and everything else and STILL my phone is a brick if I'm not on wi-fi. This has been additionally frustrating because every tech I talk to acts like this problem does not and never has existed, and yet here is an entire discussion of many people with the exact same problem, some of whom have experienced a fix but some of us have NOT. I feel like Sprint isn't taking my issues seriously and I am going to have no choice but to cancel my service and try someone else. 

Journeyman

So, @Mikelsbid , did you ever get your issues resolved? Or did you have to change phones/carriers?

Did you use your phone on a different network before bringing it to Sprint?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
GrandMaster

a entire thread created for this with a handful of posters compared to the hundreds of thousands that are NOT running into this.

did the problem start after you received Pie as an update or you got it from someone else and it started off not having LTE period?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, I did. I actually tried Google Fi first , which uses T-Mobile. I had connectivity issues with them as well, but they informed me it was a known T-mobile issue with no ETA for a fix. So then I switched to Sprint...similar issues but not exactly the same. So I contacted Samsung and they assure me it's not the phone. I contacted the guy I bought the phone from and he told me to talk to my carrier. It's been 2 weeks of runaround with no resolution in sight. And yes the phone was unlocked when I purchased it and the first service provider was canceled and erased from the phone with the factory reset.

Journeyman

Oh and since I bought this from a 3rd party seller I have no clue what updates it did or didn't get before I purchased it

GrandMaster

odd that it had similar data issues with TMO as well though.. especially since they have completely different network types. GSM-CDMA.

you get 3G and voice works correct?

also...which update is the phone currently on?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Will you please private message me the IMEI of your phone so I can see what's happening?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Thanks. Sent you a screenshot of my phone info

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat