cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Yep, exactly. I got a ticket opened, you may want to do the same. I'll post any updates here.
Journeyman

Spoke too soon.  Though I had LTE, it only lasted awhile and I could not receive calls.  I turned Mobile Networks back to LTE/CDMA from Automatic.  Calls now coming through, but the connection still goes between 3G and LTE.  It only stays on LTE for about 10 seconds and then I lose the connection.   It eventually finds 3G and stays on that for awhile.  All this started yesterday after the PIE update.  I have a Samsung S8 phone.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Another thing to try in addition to the device reset (dialing ##72786#) is to update your profile. Try the steps below and let us know if it helps anything out.

1. Once at Home screen
  2. Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps.  Tap Settings.
  3. Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
  4. Customer sees Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait
    • Do not interrupt this process
    • If screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up phone.
  5. Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
  6. Once complete, phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
  7. Press the Home key

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I have updated PRL and Profile at least 15 times each.  Also tried ##UPDATE#.  No LTE.  All this started after PIE update yesterday.

Drop me a PM and we can get some additional info to try a few things behind the scenes. If that doesn't work out we can open up a ticket with tech support for you. 

Journeyman

I've tried all of these suggestions many times, nothing helps. I've traveled several hundred miles today, so it's not a local geographic issue either.

Hey Caps. Are you having any issues with voice or is it just with data? Are you seeing 3G speeds along with the 3G label on your phone? Have you been able to get LTE to show up at all? 

Journeyman

When 3g is connected, voice and data is fine (slower obviously). No LTE - it "connects" for a second with a few bars, then drops to no bars, then goes to bars with an X over them... then eventually 3g connects.

Journeyman

Same here with my Samsung S8 in Chicago.

Thanks for the info. It looks like you already have a ticket in for our tech support team to reach out to you.

Journeyman

My story:

speedtest at 7:34am LTE 52mbit down, 19mbit up

10ish I install the Android Pie update

phone comes up, 3G only, 2-3 minute delay getting cell signal

I reboot, update profile, update profile nada

call Sprint

first wave runs me through some hoops I already did, tries to sell me a new line and asks me to install the app before finally turning me over to the tech department 20 minutes into the call.

Talk to the OK techs, do a few more things, nothing works, give them links to where other people are having the issue and how it looks like the exact symptoms the S10 is having.

Left it with they're researching and nobody gets back to me.

Went to a corporate store to try a replacement SIM, didn't work.

Decided to activate my other phone on a nanosim, corporate store didn't have one. I was sent another 12 miles to grab a nanosim at a different store.

Get there, the tech wants to run through all the same things the previous techs have, there's very little about them because evidently nobody's getting tickets opened for anything except to send the phones off for repair.

My phone, I'm told, can't be activated because Sprint doesn't deal with phones that can do dual-sim, weird.

I've attempted ##brand#, ##3282# and editing the bands, ##72786# and generally am at the point where I can send it off for repair, wait for a software update with everyone else, or I'm told they can factory reset and move the software back to a previous version.

Sprint really needs to yank this update until they figure out what's messing with it.

If you haven't already had a ticket opened for tech support to reach out and try more in-depth troubleshooting, we'd be glad to help assist with that. Drop us a PM and we can help get that arranged. I'm providing this feedback internally as well to see if anyone else is hearing issues relating back to the Pie update for the Note 8. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat