cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

I have had LTE and VoLTE service since 10 p.m. last night.  How I got there is a little strange and I have not turned anything off or rebooted since in fear of losing LTE service again.  This is what happened and may benefit the network technicians: I was at my cousins last night who lives near O'Hare Airport.  I was still getting the same no connection and 3G rotation. So I turned my Wifi on and had it on the entire time I was in his house.  When I left, I turned Wifi off.  While I was driving home, I noticed that I had LTE service.  That's it.  Not sure if having Wifi on for a long period helped something to download in the background. 

Journeyman

I'm having LTE issues as well, Note 8 in Omaha Nebraska.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Have you also tried the profile and PRL updates as mentioned in the thread without any success? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Yes, I have updated the PRL and PRL numerous times.  I also performed both the ##update# and ##72786# (I believe that was the number) a couple of times.  I am in Omaha and are getting the exact same issues that everyone is reporting.  Luckily I am in an office with WiFi and also in my house so I have been switching to that since this issue.  I have also seen on the Galaxy 10 forums and blogs that they had the same issue but reporting today that Sprint is rolling out an update for them to fix this issue.

Hey Myte01, when you are updating PRL and Profile, are you connected to WiFi?

Journeyman

Yes, I am connected to WIFI when updating them.

Okay I am going to send you a private message so I can get a little more info from you in order to look into your account and try one more thing.

Journeyman

Sent the reply back to you with the information.

Thanks,

Tony

Okay thank you, just waiting for it.

Journeyman

OK- I had to turn off my phone and when I powered back on, sure enough I got the no connection and 3G square dance again.  No LTE.   Going to turn Wifi back on and see if I can get LTE.   Definitely a network connection issue.  Not sure what they call it, but it's like the old handshake issues back in the 1980s with modems.

Journeyman

I was in another Sprint store today and there is an internal email regarding the problem, dated > a week ago.  It says swapping SIMs or even swapping phones won't fix it...that the only two options are to wait for a patch or uninstall Pie, which isn't easy.

Journeyman

@CapsFanHere wrote:

I was in another Sprint store today and there is an internal email regarding the problem, dated > a week ago.  It says swapping SIMs or even swapping phones won't fix it...that the only two options are to wait for a patch or uninstall Pie, which isn't easy.

Thanks for the feedback.  I hope they push out the patch / fix it quickly if that is indeed the case.

Tony

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat