cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Maybe the LTE issues can be trouble shooted, the rest I haven't seen yet.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Makava - have you tried doing a factory reset on the device?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

No, that's a very last resort.

Doing factory reset is not a solution, it is the easy way out - trying to avoid loosing info and have to re install everything.

If power-cycling your device isn't resolving the issue, there isn't much from our end we can do to control the device closing/crashing apps. Are you noticing it's the same apps each time? Is it 3rd party apps or stock manufacturer apps?

We could open up a ticket for our tech support team to reach out to you but it's almost guaranteed they are going to ask you to factory reset the device at the top of the call to give things a fresh start before moving forward with troubleshooting. It sounds like something went wrong in the update process and the phone isn't behaving correctly since.  

Journeyman

It doesn't matter which program Samsung, Sprint, 3rd Party almost all the programs do it.

I can open Samsung internet, default messaging app.

after doing a factory reset what's there to troubleshoot?

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. I did a factory reset and it didn't help.

I spent 1.5 hrs on phone with sprint and got escalated twice. Now I'm waiting (2-3days they said) to hear back from the escalated special tech support team.

However, this seems like a stall tactic while they work on a fix.

Journeyman

R you talking about the LTE problem or the programs crashing?

Journeyman

The LTE problem. Sorry for the confusion.

I can't fully speak the the level of detail that our technical team would run through to try and resolve the issue as that is outside of our realm here. However, I'd be glad to help organize a conversation with them for you if you'd like to have them take a stab at working through things with you. Drop me a PM and we can get some additional detail together to have that arranged. 

Journeyman

Factory reset doesn't fix the LTE problem either. I've already been down that road, too. I have an appointment later today for the Sprint techs to troubleshoot. I let you guys know the outcome.

Journeyman

Samsung S8... Here's what I did as a fully functional work around...

I think I have a working work-around. Here's what I've done. I saw someone post something similar to this before (maybe in another thread) so I can't take the full credit if this works for someone. If it doesn't work,  just change your settings back to what they were before (Automatic, And Not LTE only mode)

1. ##72786# (your phone will immediately reboot)

2. Settings->Connections->System Updates->Update PRL

3. Settings->Connections->System Updates->Update Profile

4. Settings->Connections->Voice Networks-> Select LTE - Phone will reboot.

5. ##3282#->Edit->000000->OK->More Settings->HDR/1X Selection-> Select LTE only Mode->OK->Back->Back->Reboot phone.

At this point, I could get data but NOT make or receive phone calls. Then my Spidey senses told me I should then do the following.

6. Settings->Connections-Voice Networks-> Turn on VoLTE (now you can make and receive calls)

Hope this helps someone else as my phone has never been better since this work-around.

Journeyman

Sadly if you can't get LTE in the first place (since the update,) setting LTE only means you're dead in the water.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat