cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Note 8 Pie update - no LTE

It's been a problem for me in southern California.  Thought Los Angeles county, Orange county and San Diego county. About 2 weeks now

Journeyman

I FIXED IT! Sprint would not help, would not replace the phone. Samsung told me that there are some Best Buy stores that have the ability to flash the phone back to an Oreo, but none in my area. Samsung also said that the issue was not with their update but Sprint's network. So I  went to a T mobile store, asked if they had a T mobile SIM that I could try in my broken Sprint Note 8, they said sure and the associate proceeded to take the SIM out of his own phone. Popped it in and booted it up and instantly had LTE! With 60mb down and 30mb up to boot! So, the solution is that I have left Sprint and taken 7 lines with existing equipment to T Mobile!

Journeyman

Wish I could do that but I have to keep paying a lease on this phone sprint broke for another 4 months.
Journeyman

To unlock the phone for use on a different carrier, you have to own the phone. Pay it off, request it be unlocked (will take 2 days if Sprint does it correctly), then start the transfer to another carrier. I did this backwards and it was trouble.
Journeyman

Has anyone even tried Samsung's Smart Switch PC app to try to roll back the android pie update to oreo?? I believe the setting is Emergency recovery or something

Journeyman

No that just perverts to the last installed update
Journeyman

Bump,

Any update on when we will get a fix for this or if you guys will be replacing our phones you broke?

Journeyman

Not sure if this is related or not but using Samsung internet app, when typing in an incorrect web address I get "searchassist.verizon.com"

Even when I'm on 3G and not roaming.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Was the phone purchased from Sprint, or brought in as a BYOD?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Its a lease

Journeyman

Bought from sprint.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@RemyBuB, I'm not sure if this is result of the PIE update or not. 

@TrinitySoundSys, there are no further updates at this time.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat