cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 SM-N950UZKASPR won't update to Oreo

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 8 SM-N950UZKASPR won't update to Oreo

I would google XDA Developers. They have a solid list of all things you need to know about Odin and what is available for downloading. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Samsung customer service has confirmed to me that my note 8 is a US Sprint model. I'm outside the US. Is this why I'm not getting any updates?

Can anyone link any safe Oreo firmware to install for SM-N950UZKASPR?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I would keep in contact with Samsung. We wouldn't be able to help since it is not through our service. 

Journeyman

How can I get the update in China?

Highlighted

Hi Malaotou! For the phone to receive software updates from Sprint, it would need to have a Sprint SIM card inserted and either be in an area we provide coverage or connected to WiFi.  Since you're in China, you'd of course need to be connected to WiFi.  I can't guarantee this will work, as I'm not sure what restrictions the Chinese government has on foreign wireless providers sending updates. 

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat