cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 update to Android 9 missing

Journeyman

Note 8 update to Android 9 missing

I have the Note 8 and a couple weeks back I received a notification on my phone that the  update to Android 9 was available. I chose to schedule the install during hours I'd be sleep because I was at work and my battery was low. Well, the next morning the update had not been completed. I've been checking for updates manually every since and the message that I receive says that the latest software has been installed but that's not correct. I'm still on Android 8. I called Sprint Tech support and spoke to a representative and a supervisor who told me to contact Samsung. When I contacted Samsung they said there is nothing they could do and I need to contact Sprint again. I really want this update. Can you please assist? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 8 update to Android 9 missing

Hi Ken. I'd start with the following and see if this helps. Let us know where it lands.

1. Turn the phone off for 3 minutes, then turn back on and check your settings and see if the update shows there. 
  2. After that, try updating your data profile. Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps.  Tap Settings.
  3. Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
  4. Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait
    • Do not interrupt this process
    • If screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up phone.
  5. Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
  6. Once complete, phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
  7. Press the Home key
  8. Dial ##72786# to reset network settings, again check and see if the update shows as available for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

the Pie update was pulled due to LTE loss. same type of issue the S8 series is running into currently. once the issue is figured out and fixes added it will be kicked out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you. If only tech support knew this!

GrandMaster

this was only announced maybe a half hour before i posted it in here...so it would have been new info to them as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Gotcha..Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat