cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 very poor signal after merger, other phones in same household are good signal

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Note 8 very poor signal after merger, other phones in same household are good signal

My note 8 has been constantly getting a very poor signal ever since the merger.  I will be sitting in my house, and the signal will go from 2 bars LTE, to 1 bar 3G, to "no service", then to roaming, all in a matter of a minute.  Calls are dropped ALL off the time (while not moving around).  Tonight away from home I could barely get a signal, and my daughter's J3 had 3 bars LTE!!

I've contacted Sprint 3 times over chat to try and help.  Each time they put me through a series of steps (restart, network reset, reinsert sim, signal reset from Sprint, etc.) Nothing is helping - it seems to be getting worse.  I'm waiting to hear back from the next department, as they said that they escalated my issue. 

Please Help! I'm not sure what else to do. I love the phone otherwise, but this merger might be the end of Sprint for me and my family...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just went to a sprint store and got a new SIM card.  That's all it needed. 

Everything is now fixed 🙂 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Let's get this fix, having service issue is never nice. Can you provide me with your nearest cross streets and ZIP code? Also, is your device updated on the latest software version and VoLTE enable ( Settings > Connections Mobile Networks/ Voice Networks? 

Highlighted

Let's get this fix, having service issue is never nice. Can you provide me with your nearest cross streets and ZIP code? Also, is your device updated on the latest software version and VoLTE enable ( Settings > Connections Mobile Networks/ Voice Networks)? 

Highlighted

Barrington Rd & Raynham Rd

The mobile network is set to "Automatic".  It just updated about a week ago.  The issue was present before that update and still continues after.

VoLTE is selected

updates - not sure which one you need: 

One UI version - 1.0

Android version - 9

Baseband version - N950USQU8DTG1

Kernel version - 4.4.153-18851844

SE for Android - Enforcing - SEPF_SM-N95OU_9_0020

Knox Version - 3.2.1, API level 27, TIMA 3.3.0

Service providerSW ver.

SAOMC_SM-N95OU_OYN_SPR_PP_0025

ce061716e036e51a027e

SPR/SPR/SPR

Security software version (there's lots listed here, can reply if needed)

Android security patch level - July 1, 2020

Highlighted

Thank you! Please allow me a moment, I'll be with you shortly. 

Highlighted

I do see why you're encountering this issue. There seems to be an outage nearby which is affecting data, which is allowing you to experience slow data speeds, or inability to access data may occur due to 4G services not functioning at this time. Great news is, our network team is aware of this matter and thy're doing everything they can to get this matter rectified as soon as possible. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

so.... this outage has been happening for the past few months??? 

I find it hard to believe that this is the issue why MY phone is having issues, but no other phones on my plan are...

Highlighted

We definitely have an outage in your area and our apologies for the inconvenience being caused. But our Technicians are hard at work trying to have this issue resolved. 

Highlighted

@alissaoh225 wrote:

so.... this outage has been happening for the past few months??? 

I find it hard to believe that this is the issue why MY phone is having issues, but no other phones on my plan are...

which also means if your phone is the only one having issues like this then it isnt merger related either..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just went to a sprint store and got a new SIM card.  That's all it needed. 

Everything is now fixed 🙂 

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat