cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 8 will not connect to network code 6602

Journeyman

Note 8 will not connect to network code 6602

Over the last couple of day my Note 8 will not stay connected to the network or will not register to the network.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Note 8 will not connect to network code 6602

I know that can be frustrating. Let's try a couple things and see if we can get this fixed.

Update the data profile:

1.Tap OK if error displays.
2.Once at Home screen
3.Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps.  Tap Settings.
4.Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
•You will see Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait. Do not interrupt this process
•If screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up phone. Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
5.Once complete, phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
6.Press the Home key

Reset Network Settings:

1. From the home screen, tap Phone.
Note: The device must be in a Sprint coverage area to complete the programming and activation process. To verify Sprint Coverage, visit the Sprint website at coverage.sprint.com.
2. Dial ##72786#.
Note: If the dialer does not appear, tap the Dialer icon.
3. Tap YES.
The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.
4. After the device restarts it will automatically perform Configuring Service.
•Register device with the network
•Update roaming settings
5. Once the Configuration Service is complete, tap OK.
6. The network settings have been reset, and the device is now re-activated.

Let me know if this helps.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I have tried both processes multiple times, sometimes with success.   I will get error 6601 when attempting to update the profile after the phone disconnects from the network.  The phone still shows it is connected to LTE but data is not working.

When I reboot the phone it will also connect to the network for maybe 30 min or so then get kicked.  

Wizard

Does it happen everywhere

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
GrandMaster

also are you able to make and receive calls? and what about regular sms texts? you can test the text deal by sending one to yourself. just make sure you are not connected to wifi so it doesnt attempt to use that instead.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat