cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 Voicemail app does not recognize voicemail ever

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 9 Voicemail app does not recognize voicemail ever

I am going to pull you into private, and see if resetting the voicemail will help. 

Journeyman

I'm sorry it isn't working for you, cause it's a PITA! I hope you get your issue with it resolved soon!
Journeyman

After several calls to care, chatting in and finally a trip to the store, no help. However in piddling around in the app, I seemingly resolved my issue with the S8+.  Voicemail app>settings >preferences>mobile ad preferences.  I just accessed the preferences,  I didn't change anything.  It spun for a few seconds and as it did,  the missing messages began to appear 1 by 1. I backed out of the settings and all seems to be back to normal. 

@ritesdfred, this is good to hear. Let us know if anything else arises. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Thank you! Solution #2 worked for me also. I'm on an galaxy S9+.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am glad it helped.  It was just a random fix from me messing around with it and that was what worked.  Congrats!

Journeyman

This disables any call forwarding blocking access to your voicemail...
Try
1) *720 (send)
2) *730 (send)
3) *740 (send)
It fixed the issue instantly !!!
Could be a setting that was selected improperly .. hope it helps somebody.. I was about to lose it.

Thanks for stopping by to help share what has worked for you! That's very helpful for others who will be visiting and looking for assistance. Smiley Happy

There are also a lot of instances where we can access a customers account, remove/re-add their voicemail services, and send some refreshers to their device to get them back up and running. 

Hopefully these posts find the future users needing help!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Let me start by saying that whoever wrote this should get a raise! I spent over 10 hours online researching, 2 hours in store and on the phone with a tech support who could not fix my problem. They had to create a ticket to escalate the problem and i still haven't heard back! I stumbled across this and within 5 minutes my email app and notifications worked. Wow! I don't know if you work for Sprint, but they should hire you or give you a big raise!

Sprint, PLEASE give this to your techs when they are trouble shooting! I know I am not the only one with this problem! Voice Mail seems so minuet to some, but for businesses it is essential! I almost left Sprint over this!

Thank You!!
Journeyman

No, I am not a Sprint employee, even though I used to work for AT&T and AT&T Wireless/Cingular.  I had the same experience as you and again it was simply by messing around that I came across this fix and it worked.  Fortunately, I remembered what I had done so I could post.  I am glad it helped and hope it will help others with a similar issue.

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't care, I am not being allowed to access the main menu so I can personalize my greeting. I was on the phone with Sprint for 3 hours (I own a good sized company). Was given a work ticket number and promised that a higher level tech would contact me within 24 hours. It's been about 48 hours and I've heard nothing. Sprint now off-shores most of their technical support to India or Pakistan or somewhere where the accents sound like the guy at the convenience store around the corner. I don't care where the support comes from, as long as it is good and Sprint's support is awful. I've spent 10's of thousands of dollars with Sprint, have several lines and as soon as my current contracts expires or sooner, I am done and giving my business to Verizon. Sprints service was good up until about 8 years ago, now it's terrible, the worst service I've ever had for such an expensive product.

Journeyman

I tried this and it didn't work

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat