cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 Voicemail app does not recognize voicemail ever

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Note 9 Voicemail app does not recognize voicemail ever

Hey Patti.  Have you tried both of these solutions without getting it to work? 

RESOLUTION... (maybe)  so this has been my issue for 2 weeks.  today I realized a possibility solution and it worked for me...

close voicemail app and remove from memory

go to settings/apps

select voicemail

select force stop

select storage

select clear cache

select clear data

relaunch voicemail app

The app should start as if brand new.  Make sure to allow all permissions. 

Here is what I did to make my voicemail work. I enabled wifi calling in settings, this is free calling by the way, I typically keep it turned off because I have dropped calls before when out of wifi range. While on wifi calling I called voicemail and was able to log in and move around inside voicemail. I turned wifi calling off, called voicemail again and was able to log in and move around, called my phone and left a voicemail, badge icon showed I had a new voicemail, called and listened to me talk to me

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint  THANK YOU TONS!!!!  Solution number 2 worked for me! I've been without voicemail for 3 weeks and my dad has been gravely ill. I'm sure you know how much it means to have it again!! Thank you and happy holidays!!!

Glad it worked out for you! Would you mind marking that post as an accepted solution to help out others who come here with similar issues? 

Journeyman

how would i do that?

If you look at the post and click the 3 dots in the top right corner, there is an option to mark as a solution Smiley Happy

Journeyman

I definitely don't see that option. Screenshot_20181226-163011_Chrome.jpg

Journeyman

I have talked to countless Sprint reps and the end of the road is if this problem persists eventually they will just say "sorry" I'm using third party AP youmail, that definitely works.  If anyone at Sprint is interested in actually solving this problem please let me know.

Have you tried the above suggestions to help? 

Journeyman

My issue was resolved when I tried what @oldgreg recommended (solution #2). I now have my voicemail.
Journeyman

Yes I've tried these solutions, this has happened on both my Galaxy s8+ and note 9.  I have tried every solution on this thread and none have worked.  They are, however, better than Sprint's official help which has revolved entirely around upgrading to premium voicemail.  In my case I do not believe the issue is with my hardware and the problem lies on the account side with Sprint.  It seems to be an issue Sprint is simply unable to resolve.  Although, I have noticed this issue is marked as resolved on this thread, for me that is not the case.  I think it has something to do with using Google voice in the past.

Have you disconnected the Sprint number from Google Voice?

Journeyman

Yes

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat