cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 9 has very poor reception

Journeyman

Note 9 has very poor reception

Anyone else having problems with the Note 9 having very poor reception?  According to the coverage map, I should have 5 bars signal strength in every place I go.  But reality is that my signal strength on the phone is always below -120 dBm.  It's so poor that the only way I can make calls or use my phone in any way is to keep it connected to WiFi.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Note 9 has very poor reception

Howdy lvicinus. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. May I have a couple cross streets, and the zip? How long has this been going on? Is it happening in 1 location or multiple? What type of phone do you have? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Multiple locations:  home is cross street of Newport Road and Royal Avenue Millville NJ 08332. Work is 2001 Bishops Gate Boulevard Mount Laurel NJ 08054.  i have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ( SM-N960U1 ) unlocked.  i've never had more than a 3G connection at home even though the coverage map shows i should have a perfect 4G LTE signal but ever since the update to Android 9 i can't even get that i have to stay on WiFi.  at work, i used to have perfect reception up until the Android 9 update and now even though the signal strength shows 3-4 bars i can't get a connection, i have to connect to my Franklin Hotspot to use the phone.  i thought that i might have a problem with the phone, but there are a total of 4 sprint devices in my home and they all have the same problem with reception.

Wizard

Thanks for all the info. Give me a few mins to look into these areas. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Wizard

Thanks for your patience. After looking into this area, I see that the coverage should be good. So I checked the towers, and for the area Newport Road and Royal Avenue Millville NJ 08332 they appear to be functioning correctly. For the area 2001 Bishops Gate Boulevard Mount Laurel NJ 08054, there are a few towers with an open service alerts. Our tower team has been notified, and deployed. Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on an Android device, please dial ##72786#. 

Let's give this a try, and let me know if service improves. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

that gave a little bit of help at home.  i now have 1 bar on signal strength showing -115 dBm and i was able to sucessfully load a web page without WiFi.  i won't know about my work location until Friday.

Wizard

Keep me posted. If the service doesn't improve I can report the issue. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat